A quick request

vsat88 said:
BTW, my CYA says anything 16 or above is at shock level...

You really have to be careful of the information and instructions printed on pool products, it seems many of the companies have not changed what they print on the labels EVER, this includes instructions that tell you to do things like broadcast dichlor across the pool surface when adding to water, which may have been fine 50 years ago when almost all pools were plaster, but for the last 30-40 years vinyl pools have been very popular and broadcasting dichlor in them is a recipe for bleaching the liner, etc.

Ike

AM report...
FC=14.5
CC=0.5
PH. 8.0 or higher ?
TA=80
CH=20
CYA=25 or 30..Hard to tell exactly..

I have read that some of these test will not be accurate at high (shock) chlorine levels..Just wanted to report in and ask the next step before doing anything I should not. Thank you ! Pool still looks great ! With best regards, vsat88.

The pH test can read falsely high when FC >10, so don't do anything about that. Are you finished with the shocking process? If so, I would let the chlorine drift down to normal level, and test the pH when FC gets below 10, and adjust if needed.

Here we go...

FC=4.5
CC=0.5
PH=7.5 (reads between 7.4 and 7.6)
TA=70
CH=20 (as the color is supposed to turn red if CH is present however my sample turns violet/purple never red so I put drops in anyway till it turns nice and blue)
CYA =less than 30

The water is still just a bit dull or cloudy in the deep end. I have 0.5 or less OCLT. So.. Should I do anything at all or leave it be. I would think that I should raise CYA a bit and add a bit of baking soda but I am going by what you all say as I make a mess of things and you all know what you are doing so I am gonna stay with your suggestions ! As always Thank you and..Best regards. vsat88.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.