A new noise

almostakeeper

May 20, 2020
New Braunfels, TX.
Pool Size
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30
This morning while doing my walk through of the pool I noticed a noise coming from my Hayward 2 sp super pump. It's similar to a cricket chirp. A rapid succession of muffled clicks. You start to hear it from roughly 6 feet away, it happens twice every second with an equal time of no noise.

Model # SP2615X202S I'm thinking of tearing it down, to eyeball the inside.

Any advice on what I should be looking at that could make this noise. Debris, bearings and possibly a shaft ?

While this could be an indication of a failing motor, I would start with the easy stuff first like making sure the pump basket is clean with nothing obvious from inside the pump pot that might interfere with the impeller/diffuser. If you don't see anything obvious there, then perhaps pop the rear cover off the motor to see if anything looks odd. Perhaps try some compressed air to blow it out? But it might be the bearings talking to you. How old is this pump/motor?

It'll be 2 years this coming late July when put it use. Purchased as a package April of 2020. So far the noise is a low, consistent chatter. Sort of like a 1/4 of a second length with another 1/4 of a second quite.

My pug is a swimmer and she rips apart her squeaky toys by the pool. I unraveled some stuffings out of my pool robot's impeller, same as getting fishing line off my boats propeller, so it's time to take a deeper look.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.