A New Contemporary Pool in Tampa, Florida (PIC HEAVY)

Looking good! I saw your post here back in December and then stopped getting alerts for it... its been coming along nicely! Looks like you had a few delays here and there.

I think we picked the same color PebbleSheen... ours is called White Diamonds

Looking good! I saw your post here back in December and then stopped getting alerts for it... its been coming along nicely! Looks like you had a few delays here and there.

I think we picked the same color PebbleSheen... ours is called White Diamonds

I never got the 'official' color name of my interior. Basically our PB had this color as standard and included the option of cobalt, turquoise or green glass. I think it is White Diamonds with turquoise glass added. Made friends with the pebble guys and they hooked it up with lots of glass in the mix! :)

I originally wanted Blue Granite, but the increase in price from my PB was insane (like over 10% of the cost of the entire build).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you have an itemized list that showed the cost of the finish? Ours was just over 12,000 for mini pebble with glass beads. Insanity.

No, unfortunately not. That is crazy though! I can't imagine the materials cost that much to manufacture?? I guess they just have you over a barrel?

Hoping this finish lasts a LONG time before I have to think about resurfacing..

Here is a close up of the finish on the sun shelf.

IMG_1127.jpg

Have you run the tests on the fill water? If so share the results. If not please go ahead and do so now.

You DO want to have the pump running and you brushing the pool to get the plaster dust off the new plaster and out of the water.

Here is a link on how to care for new plaster:
Trouble Free Pool

Kim:kim:

Have you run the tests on the fill water? If so share the results. If not please go ahead and do so now.

You DO want to have the pump running and you brushing the pool to get the plaster dust off the new plaster and out of the water.

Here is a link on how to care for new plaster:
Trouble Free Pool

Sorry, really busy weekend! Didn't have a chance to test until just now. TF-100 was really easy to use, and the Speed Stir was so cool!!

FC: .5
CC: 1.5
TC: 2.0

CYA: 0

Ca: 175

TA: 160

pH: 8.2

What do you think? Obviously pH is really high and needs to come down. Hope no issue letting it sit over the weekend.
I think pool guys should be here tomorrow to startup the pump, balance chemicals, and give me the brush.

So glad you found it easy to do. The Speed stir is an awesome toy tool!

It will be interesting to see what they have to say when they give you their pool school. Make sure to take notes. It might even be helpful to have a pic of the equipment to write notes on so you can remember what does what.

We will work on your water balance when everything gets balanced. Don't add any thing to the pool until the pump/filter are working.

Start up guy came yesterday. Got the equipment up and running and added DE powder to the skimmer. Added 2 chlorine tablets to the skimmer and dumped some 'conditioner' in the skimmer with the pump running. Then dumped in a bunch of acid.

pH is now on the low end at 6.8. Thinking I need to aerate to bring it back up in range. Trouble is, my pool doesn't have any real water features... Maybe I'll point the eyeballs at the surface of the water

Good news is the water is much clearer and green is gone.

Before:
IMG_1149.jpg

After:IMG_1159.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.