A New Contemporary Pool in Tampa, Florida (PIC HEAVY)

RoyR

Bronze Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Escondido/CA
PH will rise...scrub that thing already. That FC / CC indicates there is something in the water, you can’t SLAM till after 28 days....

What is the CSI?

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Yes the new plaster will push the pH up BUT if you leave the pH and TA out of range, especially on the low range, for a while it could etch your pretty, new plaster OR cause scale to form on it. pH and TA are VERY important for the long term life of plaster.

Kim:kim:

tampatommy

May 2, 2017
Tampa, FL
Believe me im having a hard time wrapping my head around alot of the pool math numbers. I paid for the app and am using it as a guide right now. Im still right around 14 days since plaster so adding anything now is minimal.

wakerider017

Sep 26, 2018
Tampa, FL
Just tested again. Seems a little better. Not sure if pointing the returns towards the surface to agitate the water or all the brushing I've been doing brought the pH up? Maybe both.

CSI is -.49

FC 2.0
pH 7.2
TA 110
CH 200
CYA 20

Parameters seem fairly inline with the suggested numbers (for the first 28 days) shared by PebbleTec.
https://mmgtx.com/docs/PTI-Start-Up-Maintenance-Procedures-Chlorine.pdf

Also, I am really enjoying my light show every night!

IMG_1153.jpgIMG_1155.jpgIMG_1156.jpgIMG_1157.jpg

Attachments

RoyR

Bronze Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Escondido/CA
Does Not Require Bonding
The lamp and niche materials allow for no bonding wire from the niche to the equipment. This saves a builder time and the customer money.

^^^^ I wonder how they get past that, even if it is 12VAC - what happens if there is a short in the transformer?

Last edited: