A couple of robot questions

Hello all,

I have an oval above-ground pool (details in my signature) and I just purchased the Pentair Warrior SE cleaner. I used it for the first time today, and I have a couple of questions regarding the operation of it, based on some things I witnessed.

The Warrior SE appears to have a done a great job cleaning the pool, I saw a couple of small spots it didn't get, but I don't think it was finished. Being the first time I used it, I was trying to keep an eye on it, I'd check on it and then head inside the house for a bit. At some point, I looked out the window and it was near my ladder (I have a set of plastic steps, I can provide a picture if it helps). A bit later, I went and looked again and it was still by the ladder. When I went outside, I noticed that the machine was pointing up, leaning on one of the legs of the ladder but not moving; it was like it tried to climb it and couldn't and then got stuck.

In watching the robot work, I noticed that in some areas it was able to climb the wall to the waterline and in others, it couldn't so it would just back up. Not a big deal, I got it vacuum the bottom and don't care if it can get the waterline. So, my questions:

1) Does it matter where I put the robot into the water?
2) How do I know when the robot is finished? Will it return to where I put it in the water, or do I need to just look at the control box?
3) Assuming it got stuck on the ladder...is there any way to stop that from happening again?

F,

I've only had mine a couple months but here are my thoughts on your questions:

1. In the long run I don't think it matters where you start. In the short term I've noticed a spot that gets cleaned better. After a week or so every place gets cleaned fine.

2. There's a blue flashing light on the back of the case when it runs.

3. Maybe add a noodle as a bumper?

I run mine using a smart plug that connects to Alexa. This way it doesn't turn itself off after a week or less. But I did need to put it into automation mode which is not documented but works great.

I hope this helps.

Chris

If the filters get a lot of find dirt it effects how well it climbs. Can try ckeaning them out, don’t need to take the panels out just spray inside and get most out then from the outside in
Will be surprised at all the dirt it picks up

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.