99% trichlor safe for diamond brite?

I would reconsider what your about to do. What are the stains, organic or metal? Determine that first.

Set a trichlor puck on the stain for a few minutes. Does it lighten or remove it? If so, then it is organic.

Take a handful of vitamin C tablets and put them in a sock and crush them a bit. Set that on the stains for several minutes. Does it remove the stain? If so, it is iron. Does it make the stain darker? If so, most likely copper.

Trichlor is very acidic. It will damage your plaster. It also adds CYA to your water. Do you have a complete set of test results from your test kit?

I'm in FL and we have lots of worms, bugs, small frogs, etc. I assume the stains are organic.

I crushed a vitamin c tab and left it on a dark blackish stain. Didn't do anything to it.

I was gonna get a special brush for algae and do a big shock to the pool to remove stains. Not sure whether to go tricholo or calcium hypo...

For organic stains it is best to raise your FC to an elevated level (say 20% of CYA) and maintain that for a period of time with frequent brushing.

Unless you need a full SLAM Process

Test results?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.