Finally taking pool care seriously

I just knew it had to be something like that. You are doing everything right so it had to be that! Good find!

When you winterize your equipment you can take it off and store it inside. There is a section that deals with winterizing pools. I have not read it with being here in Florida. It will give you ideas of what to do in your burrrrrrrrrrrr place.

Kim

I did look at the oil filled ones mentioned above but the -4 F scares me. It can get colder than that up here and usually does. Will that be a problem?

I haven't yet closed my pool myself, but I have noticed that when the local pool folks have closed mine for the winter, they remove the pressure gauge from the sand filter and set it aside. You could always just take yours inside for the winter after closing your pool.

yup, you definitely need a new gauge.

Getting the CYA into check is a pain for some folks, but relatively speaking is easy enough. Drain some water and refill.
Once you have the CYA in check, its a piece of cake to keep your pool sparkly. You just need a reliable test kit to do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.