New Intelliflo Pump, trying to dial it in

Jun 9, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Hello,

We have had our home with pool for going on a year now. To date my wife and I have been doing everything ourselves, from cleaning to run cycles and filter maintenance.

Last week our 1hp single speed pool pump when out. I have a buddy who is a salesman for a local pool remodeler and builder. He came out and suggested the Pentair Intelliflo 1-3hp Variable Speed pump and that we install in our self. Install went pretty good and he was going to have a co-worker come out and program it but the day he was supposed to come out the guy quit. So instead he got directions over the phone how to program the pump from another tech. My buddy has been on vacation since and won't be back until late next week.

My concern is that the vacuum (Kreepy krauly) is no longer moving with the current programming. With the old 1hp pump it moved just fine. But now it will only move when it is on level 4, the most power. I find this odd since the new pump starts at 1hp, equal to the old pump but isn't able to get the vacuum to move.

Are the Kreepy Kraulys supposed to be a part of everyday cleaning? We've never taken ours out for any period of time and have always found a balance where the 1hp pump would keep it moving along and pool circulation adequate. Odd that with the new more powerful pump it only works on the highest power setting and doesn't seem to be programmed to reach that power.

We have a small 10,000 gallon pool. Right now all I know about the programming is it runs from 9pm - 7am.

Thanks,
Morgan

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry you have not gotten any quicker responses.

The Intelliflo is not a 1-3HP pump ... at max it is 3HP, but will go MUCH lower than 1HP.

The cleaner should work just fine at a lower speed if you have adequate suction going to the cleaner. How is it hooked up? Are there other suctions lines (skimmer and floor) also open?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.