Spa/Pool Na;rural Gas Heater Recommendations

tw25

May 1, 2015
sacramento ca
Hi,

We are looking to buy a new Spa/Pool Natural gas heater. We have a 19,000 gal pool w/ spa. The old heater that no longer works is a comfort zone (Hayward). I think we are looking for a 350 BTU size unit.

Would you be able to share your experience with the Hayward Natural Gas Heaters? Or recommend another brand that you have positive experience with?

I am in Northern CA - and mostly want it for spa use a couple times a week and to heat up in about 30-60min. Might use pool heater a couple times a year, but not expecting much use.

Thanks for any advice.

Almost everyone on here recommends Raypac. 350,000 BTU should bring your pool temp up almost 2*/hr. I have a Hayward (small one) that can be a bit finicky at times. I have replaced a couple of the troublesome parts with more durable components so I don't have the problems most people have. Most any heater can be repaired/put back into service. It is just how much you want to fight with it to do so. With me it is something of a hobby to keep old relics running (cost conscious of course)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.