Getting Ready for a good old fashioned SLAM

you can add your DE now, use about 1/2 cup and see what your pressure raises too, if less that 1 psi add another 1/2 cup... when you get new sand you can backwash the DE out, add new sand, and add DE back in :)

Ok Y'all. Need some help understanding this. Sunday night and Monday night I passed the OCLT. That's 2 nights in a row. Made multiple tests both at night and in the morning just to sure. Still SLAMing because the water is not clear. Last night after adding bleach to get back to 15 after loss to sunlight, I checked and it high on me. I was reading a solid 17. Checked it twice. Then this morning I checked and it down to 13.5. Checked that twice. 13.5 both times.
So how can I pass the OCLT 2 nights in a row and fail it the 3rd night? Is that common? This is day 10 of a SLAM that started out with water that was only slightly green tinted but was cloudy.

There are so many parts of pool care. The OCLT is only one. The cloudy water with a green tint is telling you there is still something in the water. For some reason it did not show it's ugly head until the third night. I don't know why. Maybe you brushed a spot you had not brushed before????? Maybe is was hiding under a step just waiting for it's time to wave at you????

I would not bother with the OCLT test until you can say your water looks like a jewel. You WILL get there! I don't know when :( But you will!

Kim

Thanks Lisa and Kim. Of course you're right. I did see some improvement yesterday and today. FC held last night and I think caught just a Glimpse of that TFP sparkle. I know it's coming. Just opened my 8th gallon of bleach. Who knew such a small pool would take so much, but I'm picking up another few gallons today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK. I am beyond convince you folks know what you are doing. My pool started off cloudy with a hint of green. I have been follwing SLAM for about 2 weeks. I got up this morning and went outside to this. It is actually SPARKLING! I cannot thank you guys enough. Still have to pass my OCLT, but I think that will be coming soon. Time for a Dip!

Sparkle 6-21-15 2.jpgLadder Sparkle2.jpg

That is looking much better. But, that water is still a little cloudy. TFPC will yield even clearer and sparklier (i just invented that word!)water than that. Stick with your SLAM for a bit longer and be even more amazed at how good you are at maintaining pools! :)

Ant! You ONLY think it is clear! Keep up the SLAM until you pass the OFLT. When you can read the heads/tails on a dime THEN you will have a clear pool!

You will NEVER look at another pool the same way after you get done with yours!

Kim

How close was the OCLT last night??

I would also like to suggest that you make a habit to taking the ladder out about once a month to give it a good scrubbing.

I also do a OCLT about every other week just because it makes me happy to make sure there is nothing hiding in my pool!

Kim

How close was the OCLT last night??

I would also like to suggest that you make a habit to taking the ladder out about once a month to give it a good scrubbing.

I also do a OCLT about every other week just because it makes me happy to make sure there is nothing hiding in my pool!

Kim

Last night we lost 1.5ppm so it is getting close. Good idea about the ladder too. I just got this one so it's only been in there for like 2 days. Much better than one that came with the pool. Thanks again for all your help Kim. I can't get over how good the pool looks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.