HELP! Very Confused.

Hello -- In advance I would like to say I appreciate your help. Here are my issues. Had some black algae. Few small spots. Stabilizer was low. Chlorine was just fine. I SLAMed pool. Now my stats are

FC 13
CC 0
CH 250
CYA 65
TA 11
pH 7.5

The chlorine is very very slowly coming down. I thought it would drop quickly after SLAMing (especially as I am in hot sunny Florida). Pool looks beautiful. Took lots of stabilizer to get it to 65 (7 lbs).

My question is should I just be patient about the chlorine? It is normal to drop slowly? Should I keep chemistry levels where they are?

Thank you.

Hello Gainsville5! I might add a few other items on top of what Kim has already stated:
- First, we LOVE to see a new member with a TF-100! Awesome! :goodjob:
- You say you "SLAMmed" the pool, but understand that the SLAM process takes days if not a week or two; it's not just a short-lived spike in chlorine for a day or two. I emphasize that because we've had many new members get confused about the length or a SLAM, them they get frustrated when it doesn't work. So be patient.
- If you do need to SLAM to address algae, your FC level would be 24 (and need to stay there), but I suspect your CYA may be getting higher after adding more stabilizer (we'll see in a few days); so please be familiar with the Chlorine/CYA chart (link) below. Also know the 3 requirements for passing a SLAM (link below)
- TA was 11? Are you sure that wasn't just the amount of drops? Please confirm for us

I applaud your effort! :salut: Sometimes we just need to clarify a few things to new members as most of this information is new to many (overload). As Kim noted above, please post some new numbers based on the information we've given and we'll go from there. Welcome to TFP!

Thank you very much for your responses. And your welcome wishes. I am glad to be here as I cannot stand the inadequate "help" one gets at a pool store.

Sorry -- Typo. TA 110.

The SLAM was a few days ago. Does chlorine usually come down so slowly?

A bit worried about pool as I am headed out of town and leaving my son in charge! Will have him run tests and post here if he has questions.

Thanks again.

opps missed that one. I read it as 110 duh! LOL

Kim

Tell your son to keep up the hard work you have started!

Chlorine can take a while to come down. It all depends on so many different things. No worries. Just keep an eye on it and add bleach as needed.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.