NEW Blue Surf Pebble Sheen color

I have some pictures of Pebble Sheen samples sent by my PB's assistant. They include the new Blue Surf sample. She combined it with the other colors I'm considering with the exception of Aqua Blue (she didn't have that sample).

I've about decided that considering all the factors which influence water color, I should first pick a few colors that are in the ball park of what I'm looking for. Then I'll roll the dice, because there's no way of knowing for sure how it will look in my pool with my surroundings. Now that puts me back to Blue Granite, since I don't think I'm going to see French Grey. I'm knocking out Blue Surf from Patrick's explanation of using a lighter gray or blue to get a more natural, blending-in type color. Well, not just Patrick's comments but also Pooldv's, Golderdog's, Oz's photos, the helpful videos sent from others, and everyone who have been so kind and patient to walk me through this. I'm glad I'm not alone in struggling with this decision. But it is important. It would be disappointing to look out every day at your pool and think 'If only....'.

I don't know if posting pictures of these samples will help anyone, but I'm posting them anyway. Good luck! Suz.

L-R: Blue Granite, Blue Surf, French Grey (fronts, dry)

Blue Granite, Blue Surf, French Grey (fronts, wet)

Blue Granite, Blue Surf, French Grey (backs, dry)

Blue Granite, Blue Surf, French Grey (backs, wet)

What's the difference between the front and the back? The front looks like the real product while the back I'm not sure.

Suz! I have an idea!

Take those samples outside to your spa. Put them in the spa one at a time and see what you (and us) think about them then.

What I want to see is if the smurf blue "clashes" with the jewels or takes away from them in any way. Oh, oh, oh put the sample with the step jewels also and see how that looks.

I like the smurf color also BUT it is very strong and I do not think it will look "natural" in the pool and might try to take some of the attention off of the blue jewels.

I am leaning towards the blue granite.

Kim

Thanks Kim. I agree with you about the Blue Smurf looking less 'natural'.

I have samples for only the Blue Granite, French Grey, and Aqua Blue. The Blue Surf is so new that only some builders have that sample. My PB's assistant sent the pictures to me.

For the sake of you guys and me, I'm making a decision. Yes, it's true. I'm making it right here and now. TFP is the first to know. Not even my son knows (I vowed to myself a few weeks ago not to breathe a word to him about any more decisions to be made - he couldn't take it anymore. And I don't think ya'll can either!!! LOL!! I know I can't.)

The winner is........ TA DA!!!! Blue Granite.

There we go. That was simple. Ahhhhhhhh. All better now! Thanks to everyone! Suz. :party: :whoot:

So long Smurffie! :smurf: We gave it a good try, but you didn't quite make it. It's not you; it's me. You might have been fun for a while, but it just wouldn't have lasted! :gone:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The original picture in your post looks like original pebble tech large pebbles not the Pebble Sheen version. If you want the smoother version make sure it is the "Sheen".

I am liking the blue surf, i want really blue water I just need to see it in a real pool, I am sure there will be some examples before we are ready for that phase.

Then Blue Surf could be the right one if you aren't wanting one of darker blues. The Pebble Tec rep told me it is a level one color so not an upgrade.

If you get to see a pool with it, post back and tell us what you think. I'm very curious! Take care. Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.