Exterminating for Spiders around Pool

So the update here is, Friday night I had a big wolf spider on my solar blanket. When I went to move it, she got a lot smaller and six hundred babies plunged into my pool. There are 4 girls in my house so spiders aren't desirable ever. Saturday morning, I sprayed the professional stuff and the only bugs I have left are the black water bugs.

I bought and used Suspend Polyzone from Do My Own Pest Control dot com. (Not trying to spam that's why I didn't link it, but I know you guys like to DIY stuff and pest control is about 90% labor.) This version of Suspend has a polymer to prevent the rain from washing it away. I mixed it at the milder concentration, not their maximum. I sprayed it with a hand sprayer around on the pond stone which borders my concrete pool deck. So far, spiders are gone except for a few random babies still clinging to the side of the pool or other non treated hiding places. Very pleased with the initial results. May treat again in 21 days. One bottle should last for years.

I have had the same thing a few times and I can't take it anymore...

Quick question...on that site....why did you chose that product vs. Termidor SC or Suspect SC - which is what the site says when I choose spiders as my pest ?

New to this site. Having same problem. Same spiders of all sizes have taken over pool. Lost count of the kill. Makes it impossible to relax & float. Called exterminator. These creatures do not die when submerged in water. Large spider crawling along bottom of pool yesterday. Please advise!

Borates in the water are very effective at making sure insects die.

Excess boric acid can be sprinkled around the landscaping near the pool as it is also a very effective insecticide for all kinds of creatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my spiders have gone away apparently. I was having several big spiders in each skimmer when I emptied it, but now it's nothing but crickets. A basket full of leaves, and crickets all on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.