Am I on the right track??

It seems that you have done your homework.

Keep testing your water.
Keep at SLAM level.
Brush pool.
Vac pool.

Repeat.

Thank you! I'm trying. I really want to do this without being sabotaged by the pool store. And I can see my husband watching like "it's still green". lol. But I've been reading all the inspirational stories and I just know this is going to work! I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to get my pool clean.

Here are this morning's pictures. Eek.

I'm confused. I've been rather obsessed with reading the SLAM process as well as other threads on this topic. Am I not doing something that I should be doing?

You seem to be on the right track, but were asking what your FC level should be which is why I pointed you back to the process.

Ok. I took a test at 9am: FC 16ppm.
Took another at 2:30pm (had to be out for a while) FC 12.5ppm phew. I was so worried I'd been away too long and it would go below SLAM. I just brushed the sides, bottom and ladder of pool (and now need a new brush because the bristles were falling out :(.) There was obviously a lot of algae because it's pretty dark green now. I added enough bleach to get it up to 15ppm, hoping that's going to kill everything I just stirred up from brushing.

My arms are sore. I hope this works.

Question: There's a drop down box on the FC part of the pool calculator. I'm using 8% great value bleach. What should I select?? Trichlor? Dichlorvos? I'm lost.
Also, I just made my husband measure the pool and I was off. It's 10,200 gallons. :( Did I mess myself up by being off??

Question: There's a drop down box on the FC part of the pool calculator. I'm using 8% great value bleach. What should I select?? Trichlor? Dichlorvos? I'm lost.
Also, I just made my husband measure the pool and I was off. It's 10,200 gallons. :( Did I mess myself up by being off??

That's an "or" question. You can just ignore that line and use the top line with your bleach strength.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, just hit a hiccup. Went out to vacuum and hit enough leaves to clog the filter! I shut it down quickly and husband is going to clean the filter out for me. I guess I need to do more blind raking. :( This is so frustrating not being able to see the bottom! Please tell me there is hope. I'm keeping my FC at SLAM. I just feel a bit defeated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, just hit a hiccup. Went out to vacuum and hit enough leaves to clog the filter! I shut it down quickly and husband is going to clean the filter out for me. I guess I need to do more blind raking. :( This is so frustrating not being able to see the bottom! Please tell me there is hope. I'm keeping my FC at SLAM. I just feel a bit defeated.

More than hope, success will be yours. Remember, it didn't get this way overnight so it is going to take some time to clear. Just keep raking, adding bleach, and testing. You will win!

Here is a HUGE helping of POP to keep you going.

That is Pool owners patience! It can be done. It just takes time and bleach. You are doing what needs to be done-test, treat, brush, rake. The more of you do of each the fast it will go.

HUGS!

Kim

Thank you for the encouragement. Husband's lending a hand and vacuuming for me to try to get some of the junk off the bottom. I'm going to test when he's done and add bleach if needed then it's lights out. Then back to it in the AM.
It hasn't been taking a ton of bleach to keep me at SLAM, so I guess that's a relief. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow with lightening so I don't know how much brushing/vacuuming I'll be able to do. But I plan to keep testing and bleaching as needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you too, Kim! I need that patience for sure! My husband tried to suggest we go buy TKO from the pool store and I very quickly shut him down! Lol. I just know the TFP method is the way to go. And you all help keep me from quitting. Thank you!!!

I need to order more reagent. I've been testing using the 10ml =.5 but I've been testing pretty much every 2 hours (except overnight) and haven't dropped below SLAM since starting Saturday. I probably only have enough left for a few more tests! What should I do in the meantime??

Ok, going to brush this morning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.