Small Drip on Multi Port

brmommy

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2013
Southeast Ohio
I opened the pool and finished bringing the water level back up. No leaks on any connections except for a slow drip on the bolt of the Multi Port. I tightened it a little but it seams tight. Not sure what is inside. Any ideas? I'm afraid to tighten it much more. Here is a pic.
boltleak.jpg

Most likely that is a result of a bad o-ring that seals the lid to the body of the valve.

How old is the valve? If it is fairly new I would suspect a manufacturing defect. If it is older, the o-ring just needs to be replaced.

I bought this July 2013. Do the bolts come out to replace it? This is different then the large o-ring that goes where it screws onto the sand filter tank? The pool store where I bought the pool put it all together. They were each working on something different and I couldn't watch how they did everything.

Yes, different from the o-ring on the filter, though the same basic idea behind it.

The multi-port opens up after you remove a couple of bolts and disconnect the handle. There are several parts that you need to keep straight so you can put them back when reassembling, but otherwise it isn't all that difficult. If you feel up to it, you could take it apart and check the o-ring and the surfaces it presses against and make sure there aren't any nicks or cuts and everything is lightly lubricated with a silicone based plumbers lubricant. Depending on what you find, you may need to replace an o-ring or two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.