1st Pool Build - Freeport, TX

Finally some progress today. The cement crew came out and poured the cement decking around the pool. Next up is either Sundek or plaster (whichever the PB can schedule soonest)!

Pool decking that connects the pool area to the cement patio under the house.
Decking%205_zpsuobnjatu.jpeg

Decking%206_zps0bd9xugx.jpeg

3' perimeter decking around the pool.
Decking%204_zpsicknztr2.jpeg

Decking%202_zpszbysz5nh.jpeg

Decking%203_zpstwcuuvj8.jpeg

And last, but not least, the old flower bed under the house that we got tired of pulling weeds out of every weekend!
Decking%201_zpsftgxosk5.jpeg

Another update for today. Sundek in Tweed Grey was applied to the decking and coping around the pool.
Sundek1_zpsybholvpq.jpeg
Sundek2_zps4434nixk.jpeg

Next up is Wet Edge Deep Sea Blue plaster tomorrow and then acid wash Thursday. Water immediately after the acid wash and jumping in Friday!! Finally a light at the end of the tunnel...

SO CLOSE!!!

Make sure someone is there to check the plaster color! We had a couple of builders that got the wrong color/grade! One had to be chipped out to redo! The other caught it before the bags left the truck so it was easy to fix.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Plaster crew came out today and finished the job in a little more than three hours. PB project manager confirmed plaster is Wet Edge Prism Matrix in Deep Sea Blue. Here's the pics from today.
plaster1_zps0wt3jfwp.jpg

plaster3_zpsi8l6t8hp.jpg

plaster2_zpslzx9giq4.jpg

plaster4_zpswy6yrm9a.jpg

plaster5_zps2qhbow8q.jpg

Tomorrow they acid wash and start filling the pool. Equipment startup is Friday and depending on how quickly the pool fills up pool school could also be Friday.
The PB said we could jump right in as the pool fills up with water. He also said we don't have to brush this plaster but it couldn't hurt for the first week.

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting much brighter now!

It is REAL! You have a pool! Oh Happy day!

I am going shoot you a link. Please know that you have to do what your PB says as he holds the warranty card but............this may help guide you.

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Your PH will be wild at the beginning as the plaster cures. Be ready for it with LOTS of muratic acid.

Do you have a good test kit yet? If not look in my siggy for the ones we use and love.

kim

Thanks kimkats! We are very excited to jump in once the pool gets to a level where we can jump in without breaking any bones. We're hoping after the acid wash that the water will look as nice as spool's pool since we have the same plaster.

We already have a Taylor Technologies K-2006 Pool Test Kit we purchased in August that we'll have to learn to use. Our PB also gave us a small Pentair test kit that we'll keep as a back up. We'll definitely keep your kits in mind if we ever need a replacement.

I also have the Tayor K2006. It fits the space I had purrfect. I just order refills from TFP when I need them.

I am glad you already have a kit. There are videos showing how to do the test. Go ahead and test everything except the CYA so you will know what you need to buy. Post the results here.

Kim

Plaster was acid washed this morning and filling up pool now! We're using two hoses to fill it up. The PB said we didn't need to use the empty container/float trick but did recommend covering the ends of the water hoses with an old sock or in our case a cut up t-shirt to keep the plaster from getting scratched. Midnight swim anyone?

Filling%20up%20pool3_zpsdyqxwsa6.jpeg

Filling%20up%20pool1_zpssftgkh2x.jpeg

Filling%20up%20pool2_zpsjxdhfens.jpeg

Equipment startup tomorrow and maybe pool school too. Hopefully it won't be too cold tonight to jump in!

Well the day has finally arrived! The pool filled up by 1am Friday morning. Later that morning PB dropped off the two ledge loungers, net, brush, pole and some chemicals. He also showed us how to carefully load up the chlorine pucks and started up the equipment. Equipment guy came out in the afternoon and labeled the valves and gave us some initial pointers about the equipment. He added muriatic acid and shock to the pool and will be back next Saturday for pool school.

Friday's pics...
View of the pool (excuse the yard - it's still under construction) from the upstairs deck. Chemicals were added and water pump/filter going full speed!
Day%202%20water%205_zps4sguetov.jpg

Water at 5' (middle of the pool).
Day%202%20water%202_zpsbhurtopq.jpeg

View from the tanning ledge toward the end of the day. Water's starting to clear up.
Day%202%20water%201_zps9ljg9t2x.jpeg

View of the water at the tanning ledge and steps. Tanning ledge has about 6" of water.
Day%202%20water%203_zpsbbjj6fqj.jpeg

One of the bubblers on the tanning ledge.
Day%202%20water%204_zpsfsakqcgc.jpeg

Saturday's pics...
View from the tanning ledge. Water cleared up nicely overnight.
Day%203%20water%201_zpsjagskpjf.jpg

Another tanning ledge and steps shot.
Day%203%20water%203_zpszlreueok.jpg

View of the water mid-morning.
Day%203%20water%202_zpsvce5hubp.jpg

View of the water in full sunlight.
Day%203%20water%206_zpsihucyfza.jpg

So now the wait begins for final clean up and sod for the yard!

It looks so awesome! Congrats.

Where did you get the chaise on your tanning ledge? My wife wants something like that and I might buy her one for christmas.

Oh wow I see your PB dropped them off. I wonder what brand they are?

It looks so awesome! Congrats.

Where did you get the chaise on your tanning ledge? My wife wants something like that and I might buy her one for christmas.

Oh wow I see your PB dropped them off. I wonder what brand they are?
Thanks we are really enjoying the pool! The chaises are actually called Ledge Loungers (In-Water Pool Furniture | Ledge Lounger) and were part of the deal with the PB. Ordering them direct is very expensive so you may want to see if your PB can get you a better deal.

We originally wanted white but didn't want to wait until next week so we went with "granite gray" Ledge Loungers. They are made from thick plastic and fill up with water from the pool to weigh them down. They're very comfortable with the mid (butt/lower back) and foot sections underwater. Unfortunately I'm only 5'7" so my feet don't make it in the water over the knee hump so I just lay them out on the side of that hump.

Thanks we are really enjoying the pool! The chaises are actually called Ledge Loungers (In-Water Pool Furniture | Ledge Lounger) and were part of the deal with the PB. Ordering them direct is very expensive so you may want to see if your PB can get you a better deal.

We originally wanted white but didn't want to wait until next week so we went with "granite gray" Ledge Loungers. They are made from thick plastic and fill up with water from the pool to weigh them down. They're very comfortable with the mid (butt/lower back) and foot sections underwater. Unfortunately I'm only 5'7" so my feet don't make it in the water over the knee hump so I just lay them out on the side of that hump.

Wow those are great but way more than I was anticipating. I'll have to keep an eye on them as a wish list item. My wife is 5'0" and I am 6'4" so we will have different experiences with them for sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.