911 pump down

J~Kat

Jul 23, 2021
Los Banos, CA
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So the Hayward ecostar 2.7 went down and Leslie’s came to check. I was told motor and drive was out and cheaper to buy a new pump. I just got the house a year ago with zero pool experience. It took me 2 days to figure out what a drive was. I figured since pump is garbage anyways I’d take it apart. Found bad bearings and grounded down pump parts. So replaced the bearings was able to get into the drive to run diagnostics but still got a drive error code

short story long the pool is now green and getting worse. Should I drain it as it won’t be til the end of next week if I’m lucky to possibly having a pump in and running.
Thanks for any help given

Keep following the FC/CYA Levels with liquid chlorine as mentioned above. Pour the bleach in slowly & mix with a brush. If u have a submersible pump that could help circulate chlorine throughout the pool as well.
proper chlorination prevents algae & nasties from growing - filtering just removes particulates. When your pump is up & running you may be headed for a SLAM Process as u say u are seeing visible algae but adding fc daily now will prevent it from getting worse until u can proceed.

I assume FC is 0 so definitely get some moving in there. Assuming it's zero, try for 5 PPM each day. PoolMath can you tell how much that would be in the Effects of Adding section. If you have a robot, let that run around the pool too to help with circulation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.