pooldv texas pool thread

Cancel the Oct 22 last swim day and change it to Nov 5th! Whoot. It was in the low 80s for a couple of days and sunny and 88 today. So, the heat pump and solar have been running for a few days to heat the pool from 63 to 85. Awesome day in the pool!

We started working on heating the pool in late Feb by turning on the solar panels. Then a few weeks ago I put the solar cover on to keep in the heat. About two weeks ago I turned on the heat pump. Last Friday, March 16th, a friend and I spent the day in the pool, water was 83 and air temp was low 80s and sunny. Wife and I spent last Saturday in the pool. It was pretty good but a tad chilly. Today? Nothing but pool goodness!!! Water is 86, air temp is 83 and sunny with low wind. A perfect start to the pool season.

Thanks to TFP the pool is clear and perfect, as usual. Thanks to all I've learned here the solar panels, solar cover and heat pump has given us another early start to the swim season. This is our third year with a mid-march start to the swim season. We love our pool and we love TFP!

Gilligan is an unmitigated success! Doheny's Discovery, aka Maytronics S200, pool robot made my job so much easier over the last 18ish months. It was added in fall of 2016. Filters are cleaner. I haven't brushed in a year, except for stairs and benches. And the pool is cleaner than ever! I cannot over recommend adding a robot cleaner.

We are on swim season number 7 for our pool with saltwater and flagstone. Most of our flagstone still looks exactly the same as it did in 2012. I am ready to say that saltwater has no, NO, impact on good quality flagstone. We are not any closer to needing to replace our flagstone than we were 7 years ago. If your flagstone is chipping, flaking or deteriorating in any way it is not because of the salt in your pool. We've maintained our saltwater pool TFP style since day one and the salt and bleach haven't had any negative impacts on our pool in any way.

I have never drained a drop of water from our pool since day one. I don't know how much original 2012 water is still in the pool but I haven't removed any water from this pool since it was filled in 2012. I have done a couple of mini-SLAMs for minor algae over the years. But we have swam very single day we wanted to since we filled the pool in 2012. TFP is an amazing place and an amazing way to maintain your pool.

Can we get some awesome “Bacon Creations by Danny” over in the 2018 foodie thread?? We’ve been devoid of some good, gratuitous bacon-bawdiness all year....

We have now trained our kids to cook us bacon! We added it to the official approved chore list. Our daughter cooked 2-1/2 lbs of bacon this morning! Sorry, no pics! :)

Well said, pooldv. What is TFPC you might ask?....

I have never drained a drop of water from our pool since day one. I don't know how much original 2012 water is still in the pool but I haven't removed any water from this pool since it was filled in 2012. I have done a couple of mini-SLAMs for minor algae over the years. But we have swam every single day we wanted to since we filled the pool in 2012. TFP is an amazing place and an amazing way to maintain your pool.

And hey... well designed and run pool too!!

Yes, our PB, and neighbor, had been building pools for 25 or more years when he built ours. We knew nothing about pools and just let him build what he wanted to. We're sure glad he built what he built because we love it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you test the water? :D

Nope! :) It was actually not too bad. The hot tubs were pretty chlorine-y in the morning. All the pools and spas are saltwater and heated.

Temps were iffy there, highs in the low 70s mostly. But oddly warm enough to swim in 82 degree water most of the time when the sun was out. If it wasn't I'd just move to the hot tub.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.