pooldv texas pool thread

Re: pooldv pool thread

Well, maybe not. But, we've got four 50+ footers all less than 100' from the pool! But, there are boys and girls. One drops lollipops and the other drops hedge apples. The three closest to the pool are lollipoppers.

Re: pooldv pool thread

This happened last weekend.
full

dbtgallery.php

Last edited:

Oh, it IS amazing! Mmmm Mmmm good! So is the coconut spiced rum cream. I think I like the coconut spiced rum cream better by just a smidge.

Danny is this a mix or do you drink it out of the bottle/glass? I have a huge gift card to ABC that I "earned" by catching and returning my neighbors horses (3) at 6:00 am :roll: This looks like something I would like to use it on!

Kim:kim:

Danny is this a mix or do you drink it out of the bottle/glass? I have a huge gift card to ABC that I "earned" by catching and returning my neighbors horses (3) at 6:00 am :roll: This looks like something I would like to use it on!

I once almost hit a donkey with my car leaving my neighborhood. The poor guy was just cruising down the wrong side of a divided street at a gallop, and only a sixth sense kept me from pulling out having looked to the left to clear traffic. I ended up playing donkey rodeo with about six other cars, zipping back and forth trying to herd him away from a seriously busy state highway about a half mile away. We never managed to get ahold of him, but he ended up heading away from the highway into a big field, so we called it a win and went on our way.

Anyhow, I'm headed to Total Wine this weekend to try and find some of that stuff....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I got off lucky with the horse catching in that they know me as I "babysit" them when their people go out of town without them. When they saw me they came up to see what I had for them. I put the dog leash I keep in my trunk on the lead mare's neck and we all just walked back to the gate and in! Close the gate and tell them about the broken latch and all was good! They have a chain with a lock on the gate now.

Yeah, as long as they aren't spooked and they know you they'll usually come to you to see what's up. The donkeys do too. They always like a backside scratch or an apple or carrot.

Alright, let's have some more discussion about how great solar covers are.

They are great!
The end.

On Saturday the pool was 88 or 89. A BIG cold front stormed in Saturday afternoon giving us the following BAD weather.
Sat night lots of rain, wind and low 48
Sunday hi temp 66, cloudy and windy, 30-40 mph
sunday night low temp 46

This morning the pool was 83 at 10ish
Now the pool is 87 and I am :paddle:
Air temp is 80
Sun and Solar is HOT

Danny - You've got solar and a heat pump. If you could only have one or the other, which do you think is more beneficial? Which do you prefer? Is one much more cost effective and easier to install than the other? I've got Southern facing roof, the closest area to the pump isn't probably big enough, about 14 ft wide, maybe 10' tall in the middle, I could probably get 2 10' panels in the middle and a 6' or 8' panel on each side of it. The better section of roof that is still accessible is probably 12' to 14' wide and 12' tall. I'm seriously evaluating if I'm willing to deal with a cover as well, which I understand is pretty much required to keep the heat in. Just trying to evaluate, see what kind of money I'm talking about to get maybe a couple more months of swimming. TIA.

I'm going with evaporation control spheres....just need to find an assortment of rainbow colors...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, no, no. Liquid pool covers are the best.

I once almost hit a donkey with my car leaving my neighborhood. The poor guy was just cruising down the wrong side of a divided street at a gallop, and only a sixth sense kept me from pulling out having looked to the left to clear traffic. I ended up playing donkey rodeo with about six other cars, zipping back and forth trying to herd him away from a seriously busy state highway about a half mile away. We never managed to get ahold of him, but he ended up heading away from the highway into a big field, so we called it a win and went on our way.

Anyhow, I'm headed to Total Wine this weekend to try and find some of that stuff....

And this reminds me of the sudden stop I had to make from almost 40miles an hour on our road on the morning school commute with kids. There were a BUNCH of "birds" in the road and they weren't moving. I pondered out loud that those were funny looking chickens to which my daughter looked up from her book and said "oh those are Guinea hens". Hhhmmm I replied, "maybe we should get some of those instead of chickens".......to which my then tween daughter said "yeah, they look like they taste good"

Guineas:
LOL!! Tasty! I don't know, but they are pretty annoying from what I've seen.

Solar cover:
Awesome! We've been swimming since March 13th, most weekends.

Liquid pool covers:
Only work in maryland.

Solar vs heat pump:
We would probably not need a heat pump if we had more room on the pool hut roof for more panels. So, if I had to choose I would pick solar because it is easy enough to install and heating is free except for ramping up the pump speed. BUT, I have to say having both is great. When the sun is blasting the solar does most of what we need. And the heat pump picks up any slack, last few degrees. When it isn't sunny or waif we want to heat up overnight the heat pump is great to have. I think we spent about 1800 on solar and 1500 on the heat pump. $3300 all in which is less than a big heat pump (@4000) and less than a big solar array. So, a little of both is awesome. Good to have options. We added a month last fall and a month and half this spring. Not only did we add the 2-1/2 months but, it was added with 86 and up degree water at all times! Whoot.

I always hated the idea of a solar cover and I hated it a little when we got it. But, now I love it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.