New pool, Manor, Texas

Thanks! They are here this morning prepping the pool. He is cleaning and vacuuming and scraping the gunite and the skimmer wells. He arrived early this morning. I tried to chat with him but we do not speak the same language. But he's doing an awesome job cleaning the pool. They are supposed to wait for plaster until we return. But with the new substitute super...who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may come home to a completed pool. [emoji3][emoji3]
I mentioned to our designer (who happens to be the owners son) that we were going on vacation and couldn't plaster yet. He's like "oh that would be a good time. I can get the super to go by and sweep and check in it. "
I'm like "oh, really?"
But the substitute super says "no!"
Lol. Who knows what I might come home to. Pergolas plaster. Heck, they may even decorate for me. I might really need my snoopervisors over. [emoji3][emoji474]?

Janny! I have a VERY important thing for you to look out for! There is a pool build that got plastered yesterday and they used the WRONG plaster!!! It is a much lower price point and nothing like they ordered. I almost cried for the person. The PB says they are going to take out the wrong plaster and put in the correct stuff but..............that is lost time and a lot of mess/effort :(

Make sure you check with your PB about waiting. You want to make sure it is right AND you will not be there to brush so............

Kim

I agree. We are getting pebble tech. It is by pebble sheen I think. I am pretty sure it will be okay. It's all these subcontractors. You just have no control over it. At least that's how I feel. I truly do not expect them to plaster while I'm gone. But I do hope they schedule it for the day I return. That seems to be plenty of notice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Vacation ending soon. Excited to see what's going on with the pergolas and pool schedule.
582a1e3c785f5bc0adc0bafc54ee4fa3.jpg
8dc82783d9abf7219eee267fd6433d3b.jpg

We are home. Yay! We arrived last night to an almost completed pergola. My husband snapped these pictures today.
4f9aae7e7b926600f54753955c89f652.jpg

I'm amazed at the difference this makes!
c4bde56fb5ec6266d6bb9cbeba635405.jpg

When we walked out last night it felt like it was a grand ballroom with the pergolas overhead!
1e043f83ee3090ed66c6e46aac0e321c.jpg

They also installed our hand rail.
So now we are waiting for a plaster date.
Next some landscaping. I just finally see this as a real oasis.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.