Couple questions for the first time pool owner.

First thing to do is add CYA, links below will tell you how much and how. I would leave PH alone, the high TA should make it rise on its own. Here is how to gradually lower TA, Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

Here are some of my fave Pool School articles in case you missed any of them.
TFPC for Beginners
ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
Here is the Water Balance for a saltwater pool.
Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them.
Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.

That pool is purrrfect for the whole family-kids and play in the shallow end and diving and swimming in the deep. Oh and cannon balls!

I can hear the kids now "I'm not cold dad" while their lips are blue and they are shivering! LOL

Good job!

Kim

That she'd actually keeps the noise down quite a bit. I left the down open earlier today when it was hot outside and the pump was running. Door closed you can barely hear it might rig up a fan to kick on with the timer because that pump does get a little warm.

That she'd actually keeps the noise down quite a bit. I left the down open earlier today when it was hot outside and the pump was running. Door closed you can barely hear it might rig up a fan to kick on with the timer because that pump does get a little warm.

That's a good idea. I looked at putting my equipment in a shed type enclosure. There are attic fans that have built in thermostats to turn the fan on. Way to go in my opinion.

Pool looks great and the joy on your kids faces make it worth every penny you spend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The shed has vents in the eaves. Not sure if it's needed or not. I have the timer set to run 0400 to 0800. Which is probably the coolest time of the daym

Just dumped 2 gallons of muriatic acid in the pool per the Pool Calculator to lower my PH.

I am running the pump right now. Going to test again in an hour to see how things look!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.