Couple questions for the first time pool owner.

What makes the tf100 different than the Taylor k2006?
the K2006 was designed for commercial,pool operators and has amounts of reagents that they would use, while the TF100 is set up for residential pool owners with more of the reagents they use. Same products basically, but different amounts. The TF100 has an OTO chlorine test included that the K2006 does not have.

Yeah, I looked at the comparison charts. Just seemed like the Taylor kit looked like it was more of a kit. The tf kit looked like some chemicals thrown into a tackle box holder. I didn't see a colored bottle comparitor with the tfkit either. Just honest feedback. Not trying to talk down on anyone's products.

It's a bit more home grown which is a little better in this case. But you've got the requirements met and are good to go.

Generally the ball valves are a second choice to Jandy type valves for longevity from what I've seen here. Repair will be a little tough with your tight piping arrangement but hopefully you won't have any for a long time! You've got a fantastic looking setup there in your backyard! No one ever does an "L" shape in gunite, although it's a fantastic shape. I guess the costs gets too high. Like the shed for your equipment.

Enjoy the summer. I think you'll enjoy having the pool separate but close with the little one(s).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
More often people get the K-2006 and wish they got the TF-100 than the other way around. They both have the same reagents and tests ... well the TF-100 has the OTO test, and the CYA test tube goes lower.

Odds are too that the reagent are fresher in the TF-100 since they put the kits together with bulk reagent directly from Taylor. How long was the K-2006 sitting in a warehouse or store before it got to you?

And with the TF-100, there is a no questions asked 18 month guarantee ... what warranty came with the K-2006?

The K-2006 is fine and I do not intend to bash it, but there are certainly advantages to the TF-100.

Just to add a little dog pile on the TF100. All the mods and regulars on TFP use the TF100. And we are all cheap! Especially Richard! :) And there is a refill only option offered in the spring.

10401343_10153272615370120_513100178789128033_n.jpg

They are coming back tomorrow to cut out all the jets and the skimmers.

Somehow the liner retainer covers got lost...Contractor has no idea on where to find replacements. I have one left. Below is a picture. Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!

Just to add a little dog pile on the TF100. All the mods and regulars on TFP use the TF100. And we are all cheap! Especially Richard! :) And there is a refill only option offered in the spring.
Money is very tight right now. I'll head that route next year.

Filled her up with well water. Called the soil and water district and our water table is great out here. 100-500gpm is capable. The city is actually looking at moving a treatment plant out here about a 1/2 mile down the road. Anyways we are doing our first water testing, will have numbers shortly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.