Shopping for our first pool

Apr 7, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
We are in the beginning stages of shopping for a pool. I've only been to two stores, aside from looking online. I find this process very overwhelming.
The two stores we looked at are Leslie Pools and Niagara pools. We received quotes on the Ambassador and Marina from Leslie (round shape 24 & 27 ft prices ranged from $3K to 5K with installation) and from Niagara we were quoted $6800 for Oceanic 15 x 30 oval and $7300 18 x 33. It seems the pool from Niagara were a better quality than those found in Leslie; however, I know the Ambassador and Oceanic are both made by Sharkline. If anyone can contribute some insight, recommendations, or guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Welcome.

I bought my pool from poolsupplyworld. com and installed it myself with some help.

Good luck finding a pool you like.

I'm new to all this so probably everyone here is more knowledgeable than I. That said, I do know that oval pools cost more than round, and give fewer gallons to swim in. So the bang for your buck is better with a round pool, if your yard can accommodate that. Unless it's just a personal preference on shape, which I do understand.

Another thing to consider is a deck, if you plan to install one. They are somewhat easier/more economical on an oval as opposed to a round pool. Also, while there is a fairly small price difference between pool sizes, there is a significant increase in the cost of decking a larger pool.

As for where to buy, we don't have either of those pool stores here so I can't speak to them specifically. I can say that an oval pool is more expensive to have installed by a professional, and more difficult to DIY, so take that into consideration as well.

Good luck!

Last year my husband and I purchased an Intex 16' round from Toys or Us for around $400. Then we purchased from Amazon.com, an Intex saltwater generator, and a Hayward heavy duty motor and filter - which came to another $600. We've had it up all year with clear water and no trouble. We covered it in the winter and let the swg run just a little. See my signature below for more info

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.