What did you do to your pool today?

As the closing date grows closer it becomes more and more real for us. This honestly is something I never thought I’d be able to do. With the wife’s near death experience a few years ago we decided never a better time than now to live your dream.

Absolutely! Time is the one thing you can never replace. A retired couple I know moved to a little beach condo in Mexico recently. They have always wanted to do it while they were healthy enough to enjoy it and decided it was now or never!

I learned that I am subconsciously connected to my pool and that I am more reliable than a home automation alert ;)

At 3:00 am I awoke from a dream that my pool controls ran amok and the pump was off.

Since I'm operating in sub-freezing weather (inside a winter air dome), that's nightmare material.

I got up, went into the pool house and discovered indeed the pump was off. The heater had thrown an SW code when it had tried to fire via automatin, so fortunately the pump quit before the heater was running.

The pump turned back on fine but my pressure guage seems blown (I confirmed flow via my flow meter).

I don't know what could possibly have happened to turn off my pump when the smartthings automation I'd set up, hackles, has no command to ever turn it off...but I may have to rethink trusting my st hub to control my pe653 if I can't sleuth out what event triggered this condition!

I do find it funny that it was my "dream monitor" that alarmed me, not my "pool too cool" alert I'd set up ;)

Congrats on your pool-sense, Swampwoman! That's pretty awesome! I'm reminded of some dialogue from the movie Interstellar:
So listen to me when I say that love isn't something that we invented. It's... observable, powerful. It has to mean something. (...) Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can't understand it.
Perhaps your pool loves you too and it called out to you. Maybe you loving the inanimate object was enough. Or maybe your body felt the vibrations/sound/electrical field stop. Or maybe it was something/someone outside you or the pool. LOL Maybe a trespasser broke it and then yelled. "your pool stopped, sorry I broke it, I just wanted to turn up the heat and go for a dip" and you heard it while sleeping. However it happened, nice save!

Emptied pollen from skimmer, checked water temp - it fell :(. Brought out the fresh TFTkits refill and refilled the CYA small bottles. Added what was left of old chems to the hazardous & e waste box along with old batteries, light bulbs, and electronics for next time I drive by the drop-off at our landfill. Some tax dollars really are used quite well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Went to the new house to check on house construction progress. The house insulation was installed and the drywall was delivered! Still on schedule for a May finish and closing. Today was a sunny day about 55 degrees. I gazed out to the backyard and envisioned my new pool that will start as soon as we close (fingers crossed). I'm pretty much over this cold winter and the sunshine was much welcomed today!!

Saturday afternoon and Sunday were lovely in Fairburn, Ga so we dropped the robot for several hours on Saturday and brushed the sides of the pool. Pollen is starting to fall and a light film was on top of the water. :grrrr: On Sunday we dropped the robot in again and ran it about 6 hours. This is the first time in probably 5 weeks that we've had a really dry weekend (when we were home) to give the pool a good cleaning. On Saturday when I tested the water FC was 0 :| so we added two jugs of chlorine. On Sunday the FC was 5 but I have a CC reading of 0.5. I hope that this isn't the beginning of a nasty organic presence in my water. I'll just keep testing. I've had it test 0.5 before and then drop when I added above average chlorine. I'm sure this is a result of letting the FC drop but it wasn't low last week when I tested and as I mentioned, we've had rain and cloudy days for a week. Surprisingly, CYA was OK, we've been backwashing to waste a lot lately to keep the level of the water mid-skimmer. Other than that, I gazed at the water and after several hours of clearing privet from around my fig trees I really, really wanted to jump in the pool! Just a little too cold right now.

Watched the snow melt.

cc87de4ddf44723639992ebd1fc4ab60.jpg

As you will recall February was a very warm month so we took full advantage and warmed up the pool using solar and our heat pump and got temps in the high 80's. Then came in the northeasters and we decided the air temp was way too cold to go swimming.

What do you mean did??? :poke:

Swam for the 2nd weekend in a row! pool 87 air 78 :swim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support