What did you do to your pool today?

Yeh, Patrick, it's a bummer for them, and at just the wrong time. We're just entering autumn and enjoying our last couple of hot summer days. Within days it will be the best time of the year to have the solar heating. Hopefully their supplier is quick!

Water temp was at 55 so I removed the cover and opened the pool. Water was perfectly clear after six months, which allowed me to see the hundreds of worms and layer of fine dirt on the bottom of the pool. Pulled the plugs, primed pump and dumped anti-freeze from suction side to waste. Vacuumed the pool (used a leaf canister to catch all the worms) and added 5 gallons of bleach. Swept the pool the next day and will vacuum again later.

The next item is to test the heater and hope that it turns on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Patrick, Will you be leaving your pool open over the winter again? Was it worth the extra work?

Kim

I am always really happy that we never have to close it down.. Just can't swim lol I think back to living in Virginia and I can't imagine having to close it all down now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick, Will you be leaving your pool open over the winter again? Was it worth the extra work?
Kim

So far it's a yes because it's been worth the effort not to have the nasty cover on all winter. Chemical additions save Acid have been close to nill. My Cya levels allowed me to float pucks from December onward, and I've had zero problems with very low FC levels ever since. I haven't kept normal FC levels until this week, and just bumped it to 5 yesterday. Cya is about 50, so I'm ready to pull the floater and be good to go.

I do the same. Pool open and operating 365 days a year. This weekend I did a major cleaning, and lubed-up all of my applicable O-rings. All that's left is to hop-in .... which is coming VERY soon, even if the water is still a bit chilly. Just looks too nice to not take the plunge. I may have to do some major yard work and break a good sweat just for an excuse. My German Sheppard on the other hand, needs no excuse. He's been in the water several times already. :)

I do the same. Pool open and operating 365 days a year. This weekend I did a major cleaning, and lubed-up all of my applicable O-rings. All that's left is to hop-in .... which is coming VERY soon, even if the water is still a bit chilly. Just looks too nice to not take the plunge. I may have to do some major yard work and break a good sweat just for an excuse. My German Sheppard on the other hand, needs no excuse. He's been in the water several times already. :)

lolol you sound like us... we just stare at it.. I got the heater running (piece of ....) with the solar cover on and I am constantly checking the water temp daily just waiting for the magical numbers. I can't stand cold water so I am really hoping April is my sweet spot. Water is almost 70 right now so I just want it to hit 80 lol I had to put up the safety fence over the winter because our 13yo rescue GSD kept falling in :( He can't walk well so trying to get him out of 50 degree water was no fun lol

The pool got to 77 on Monday so we have been swimming all week. Unfortunately, last night a cold front came in and dropped the water temps to 72.....so I'll spend the day cleaning up the deck.
I did manage to find a 10 pair pack of Grandma knee highs for $1.99 at Kroger and man have they helped with pollen this year.
For anyone pricing chlorine, I found a sale at my Walmart on 10% chlorinating liquid. 4 gallon cases for $12. Everywhere else is much higher this spring. Also Public's brand of concentrated 8.25% bleach is $2.89 and has been for the last month.

9:30 am
MKDBbmk.jpg

11:30 am
649TEye.jpg

9:30 am
MKDBbmk.jpg

11:30 am
649TEye.jpg

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] i love the bottles laying around the edge lol Today I added about 64oz bleach and impatiently waiting for the pool temp.. It is so close to 70 now lol When I started prepping in Feb, water was 48 so its come up quite a bit...

Today is our tiny patio area redo....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support