What did you do to your pool today?

Nicely done...

Found a storage box to fit my needs for all the test stuff! I prefer to store the reagents upright, so instead of a tackle box, I found an art supplies box at Michaels with enough depth for 2oz reagent bottles. I added a few plastic dividers, and voila!

View attachment 71052

I still have some duplicate reagent bottles from my kluge kit (many pieces purchased separately before I knew about TFP), so some space will free up when those are used up or expire. I will fill those spots with my other test blocks and/or my pH meter.

I tucked the instruction sheets into ziplock snack bags so that they are protected and I can still see both the front and the back of them (will probably laminate someday). And I’ve got a sticker inside the cover with the TFP website and target values for this pool!

p.s. This really is "for our pool" and not for its obsessive owner!

You’ll need to floc your pool immediately and then add 5 gallons of PhosFree to reduce phosphates. After that, I have some special “ions” that I can add to your pool but it will require me to be there to personally oversee the “ion” dosing process....all you need to do is provide for my travel expenses, per-diem meal expenses, oh, and have a few cases of beer chilled and ready for consumption.

PM me if you’re interested ;)

Pumped out about 8" of water, which was up on the tile 1", in case we get another round of cold weather and ice formation (not so likely now). Now it will slowly fill with rain until I open in later April.

Five years ago this week our pool was being dug. Time flies!

Hopefully the rodents didn't chew a hole in my autocover for a third time over the winter. Patching the same hole might become a spring ritual if they did.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I finally fixed the leak I had at the filter. Yea, ended up being a lot more work and 2 trips to lowes but it is done. Did a deep clean on the filter and topped off the sand while I had it all torn apart.

Congratulations on both!

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully the rodents didn't chew a hole in my autocover for a third time over the winter. Patching the same hole might become a spring ritual if they did.

Woah! I didn't know that was a thing! Thanks for the heads up! Congratulations on anniversary!

Found some spare PVC parts at home to fix busted pipe that connects rain water collection tank to pool refill. Should have been able to tell it would need protection from freezing. Will just drain it into the pool before the next freeze and leave the valve open.

Got lucky with the house's rain water collection pipes. Imagine 15' tall x 3" down pipes frozen solid. No damage, whew! Must remember to drain those next time, too.

There was the feeling of Spring in the air this weekend so I launched three flamingos in the pool yesterday. They are the ones designed to hold cans or bottles. I thought they'd look cute floating in the water. I was right. We have a feral cat that we feed and she was very concerned that there was something in the pool and had to go over and make her introduction to them. Thus far they seem to want to flock together and whenever one of them breaks away the others will eventually follow. I suspect I am easily entertained because I find them fun to watch. I have some ducks as well, I may set them afloat this afternoon.

Flamingos.jpg

Kim, beware, they are addictive. I have a Nest camera in my backyard that is centered on the pool. I watched the flamingos yesterday come to life. One would swim out from the steps and start around the pool and soon the other two would follow (the pump wasn't on so this was some sort of wind current I suspect). At one time one of them (probably the runt of the flock) got stuck on the ladder. The other two swam on but stopped halfway between the ladder and the steps and turned around and swam back to the ladder. They huddled together, obviously discussing the issue, and eventually one left and swam back halfway between the ladder and the steps. The second one stayed with the runt for awhile and it looked like he was going to be able to get the third free of the ladder. The second one, obviously believing the 3rd was free, joined the 1st one then turned around and realized the 3rd was still on the ladder so he swam back. He didn't stay long that time before he joined the first one again and they waited, halfway between the ladder and the steps until the 3rd one was able to get free and joined them and then all three swam back to the steps and stayed there for awhile. Eventually they made another lap around the pool.

When my husband got home he went out back to feed the cats and give them some water and I watched as he picked up all 3 flamingos from the steps and took them to the opposite end of the pool and dropped them into the deep end. He turned around and walked down the side of the pool back to the shallow end and they followed him, swimming down the middle of the pool to the steps. He had his back to them so he didn't see them until he turned around and I could see him double take and then he just stood looking at them for a minute. I laughed out loud!

Hilarious and Cheap entertainment!

- - - Updated - - -

What I did today- ordered new booster pump and shaft seal from Inyopools. 19 years and it finally gave up. Blew the breaker immediately when power is applied. Something to tend to this weekend.

e0c108b162f82a1049722f38714ad78b.jpg

Reducing TA... well you did say airate

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support