Yet another Texas pool build!

Congrats on finishing the build! I really like the way your deck turned out. As a fellow Austinite, I was curious how hot the Belgard pavers are getting this time of year. I love the look of pavers, but I'm leery of baking the kids' feet when it's 103 F outside. Is it tolerable, or are you guys dancing to get to the pool in the afternoons?

If you are worried about the hot deck temp.... I found a stone that does not get hot. It's called shell stone.. You have to be careful and get the real stuff, not a mix with shells in it.. but the real stuff is amazing... different finishes and in Vegas I put my hand on some that were baking in the 110 degree heat and were cool to the touch, more like cool decking temp. MUCH different than travertine, limestone or marble.... I am probably sourcing mine out of Florida.. you might find a local supplier though.

Josh! That is an awesome update! They did come through! (took them long enough :rolleyes:)

:kim:

Haha true. Hopefully after the warranty issue is fixed with my deck then I'll be all done. The pool itself is very rock solid. I hope it stays that way :)

Congrats on finishing the build! I really like the way your deck turned out. As a fellow Austinite, I was curious how hot the Belgard pavers are getting this time of year. I love the look of pavers, but I'm leery of baking the kids' feet when it's 103 F outside. Is it tolerable, or are you guys dancing to get to the pool in the afternoons?

Some of the pavers are hotter than others. The coping pavers are easy to stand on in the heat. The flagstone shaped ones depend on the color on the particular paver. The darker pavers are hotter than the lighter ones. I don't have a problem standing on the lighter ones but the darker ones can get uncomfortable if you stand on them barefoot too long. The other small complaint I have is sometimes the edges can be sharper than they should be. It is on a few of the flagstone looking pavers that I have noticed and I think it is a manufacturing thing. I am going to take some kind of pummel stone and see if I can work off some of the sharp parts. I'll do that on one or two in a area you don't look at first in case it doesn't come out too well.

Umm, so glad you posted an update! Glad you got the things fixed you wanted and then some! So are they finally out of your hair?

If I had hair I would say yes. I still have one warranty issue where the pavers on my steps going to the far deck have dropped about 1/8". They said they need to put a drain in because they think it is due to the flower bed not having adequate drainage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.