SoCal Rock Pool

Someday I will be featured in "Lifestyles of The Rich & Famous" standing in front of my Brian Davis Custom Construction LLC fantasy home...

I did the big garage for time and materials since it was for a friend. I think it came in right around 100k for 2800 sq ft and took 3 months working on it part-time. It also helped that I did everything but the stucco and drywall completely by myself. I'd imagine it would have been around 150k all day long.

The garage attached to my house cost me 25k but that's with no labor at all other than the stucco. It took some midnight ops relocating the electric panel and underground feed. It's 24'x50'

Awesome... luckily for an expansion to my garage, I would just need to relocate a planter..lol

I did the big garage for time and materials since it was for a friend. I think it came in right around 100k for 2800 sq ft and took 3 months working on it part-time. It also helped that I did everything but the stucco and drywall completely by myself. I'd imagine it would have been around 150k all day long.

The garage attached to my house cost me 25k but that's with no labor at all other than the stucco. It took some midnight ops relocating the electric panel and underground feed. It's 24'x50'

Wish you were in PA, lol. My husband is planning on building a garage soon, that's near our budget, ha ha. Lucky for us, he can do all the electrical and the cement. Unfortunately, not so much the carpentry work. Well, he can do the interior, just not the main structure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brian,

Since ur awesome build was raised. . . you got me thinking. One of my closest friend's owns a gigantic cabinetry shop. He also builds custom furniture. You have me thinking about this route now. What type wood did you use? He has been big on a mahogany that you only need to oil. no stain ever. If it fades the slightest you oil it again. he has been using it for outdoor coffer ceilings and beams. This is what I plan on using for my pool house. I'll have to ask him if he can get material for furniture like you did, but was wondering still what you used?

We have a cushion shop close to where I live. They have made window seat cushions for us for window seats my buddy built when I built my home. Art least this way we would get exactly what we want.

Do you have any other pics of the furniture you can post up so i can print them and show him to get his mind going on what we might like style wise.

jim

I just used Douglas Fir and used a semi-transparent wood stain.

Mahogany should hold up well. That's what I made my front door out of and it's held up well. It doesn't get much weather but does get blasted by the sun daily.

My choice for outdoor wood is white oak. I love it and it has more character than teak while being a little less then the Brazilian hardwoods... If money isn't a concern then ironwood or zebrawood will definitely do the trick.

The chairs are 36Wx40Dx34H. Sofa is the same but 12' wide. Fabric is Sunbrella over 8" foam.

IMG_20171010_190235388.jpg

IMG_20171010_190312807.jpg

IMG_20171010_190344914.jpg

The coffee table frame was built the same. The top is cast concrete and weighs 600 pounds!

Here's the front door....

View attachment 69834

And you can see I'm a fan of the dark woods :crazy:

View attachment 69835

thanks man! awesome office. did you make the desk? I assume you did the built ins. we like dark also. all of our upstairs cabinets and curios and stairs are darker cherry with a reddish tint. dave said we were killing him with the color so our master closet and bath we went more traditional very dark cherry along with our bar and my theatre will be the same. if you look at my flikr page from any of my posted pics you will see his work. he really is good. can pull off anything. his real calling card are his kitchen cabinets that are built like traditional shaker style. he makes the wooden nails for the corners. a lot of his staining processes are those multiple layers of paint and stains burnt and scraped off and layered on again for a 100 yr look. his farm house looks like it has been there for 200 years and it's 3 years only now. amazing work.

ur furniture came out awesome. the whole build did. just so much attention to detail.

thanks for the pics and info!

Never got to see the final shots, or I missed them (of course knowing that no home project is ever final). Been researching PB's in SoFL, so far no one has AB listed as a product, is it that new??? Thought it had been around for 10 years? Should I just go with a good PB and sub out the AB application??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.