SoCal Rock Pool

Pool Equipment installed. I still need to run the power and comm lines though. I have a bad multiport valve at the filter that I'm hopingI can rebuild. If I have to cut it out...:brickwall:

11.jpg

I also got the roof put on the shed. I should have it stuccoed sometime next week

12.jpg

Here is the vent termination for the pool heater

13.jpg

Pergola Stained (I HATE painting and staining so this was no fun for me)

15.jpg

Very impressive for doing it yourself. Are you really doing it solo, or do you have some other people helping out? That's a lot of work for just one person!

What do you do that you have the skills to do this kind of project? Building even a basic pool is out of most people's skill set, so I assume you must be in the construction industry to even consider something like this.

It's going to be amazing when done!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very impressive for doing it yourself. Are you really doing it solo, or do you have some other people helping out? That's a lot of work for just one person!

What do you do that you have the skills to do this kind of project? Building even a basic pool is out of most people's skill set, so I assume you must be in the construction industry to even consider something like this.

It's going to be amazing when done!

It hasn't been completely me, I don't know if that would even be possible. I have used subs and paid for a few extra hands. A good portion of it has been solo.

I do have an extensive background in construction, not so much pools though. This will be the third pool that I've done but the first that I've owned...I still have a lot to learn.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW oh WOW! THAT is a good looking pool!

Your little helper! How long did she last watering the pool? SO cute!

Thanks for letting us go along for the ride!

Kim

She'd probably still be out there if we didn't stop her!

I ended up having a bad multiport valve. Turns out I was sent someone else's returned item. I cut pretty much everything out and replumbed it. I chose not to use a valve at all since I don't see myself ever backwashing the filter. I did add a waste line and a drain at the bottom of the plug on the filter.

15.jpg

After...

14.jpg

Rebar inspection passed...ended up being a little over 3000 feet of rebar just in the deck

13.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.