Winter hot tub care. Need advice

nofa93

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 22, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hi.

This will be my first winter with a hot tub and I wanted to know how do you deal with ice built upon your cover, as show below. I want to scrap it off but I'm worried I will damage the cover leather. It's pretty stuck there and I can't just slide it off. Any tips on the best way to approach this?

Re: Winter hot rub care. Need advice

I would use a push broom to keep the bulk of it off the cover and that should help.

Additionally, you could rig a tarp over it, and peel it off once in a while and put it back.

Push broom, snow broom or something not sharp. The biggest issue that I have had with my hot tubs thruout the years has been covers failing. And usually because they start to take on moisture and it is all downhill from there. So I say keep all sharp objects away from the cover. A little snow in there is fine.
Leaf blower??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There a smaller push-style utility broom, eg the kind you'd use to scrub a deck, that's strong enough to clear the 1.5 feet on my cover this a.m. ;) Got it at Lowes.

Don't worry about the ice...it will melt enough when you open the lid for a soak and slide off.

In the winter if I'm hot tubbing alone, I just open one side...easier ;)

It's best to broom the snow off before it freezes if u can. I have taken a tool of somekind and gently cracked the ice but only when u catch it a little soft, maybe on an afternoon then it will slide off. Not rec when it is solid and firmly stuck to the cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.