Poo/Spa heat pump.

Oct 5, 2014
Parrish
Just got my pool finished and located this place with a wealth of information. I'm in the market for a pool/spa heater heat pump. I'm leaning toward Hayward for several reason, one it extends my warranty because I have thee Hayward components and two I have Hayward automation. I'm leaning towards the Hayward/Summit SUM8TA 140,000 BTU. I know it's larger than I need but I'm looking at a little faster heating = less run time = lower electricity bill. I'm aware that gas is much better for faster heating but I don't have gas and would have to bury a tank and from what I understand gas can get expensive, I'm looking to heat the entire pool not just the spa. Anyone have any experience with the Summit line of heat pumps?

Heat pumps are great when the outside temps are high. Once the temps get cooler, like we just had this weekend in FL, the efficiency of a heat pump goes way down. It also makes it hard for a heat pump to heat a spa. Since you have a spa, if you ever want to use it in the cooler winter months, you need to invest in a gas heater. Seeing you're in Parrish, FL(I'm just guessing this is where you live) you probably will need propane unless you got lucky and the development had natural gas installed when building the homes. I don't know of too many places in Parrish with natural gas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.