TF-100 Regents $ and replacement schedule?

Pricing is easy: http://tftestkits.net/TF-100-Refills-c11/

How often depends on how obsessed you are with testing. You'll burn through a lot early on, but as you get used to things and get to know the pool, it tends to slack off. There's usually a sale on the refill set in the Spring, which helps some. A lot also depends on where you live, and what shape the pool is in. I go through a lot of R-0012 since my water is so hard and the Calcium test takes a lot of drops. If you're maintaining a pool with really high CYA or clearing a swamp, you'll burn through the FAS-DPD stuff pretty good.

It's still cheap insurance. Let the pool get green and you'll spend way more than the price of the refills on bleach!

The TF-100 reagent quantities are sized (as much as possible) so you run out of them all at roughly the same time -- vs the Taylor kits which have the same amount of each reagent**.

** although I recently discovered that the K-2006 includes two bottles of CYA reagent R-0013 so it's not as bad as I thought ;)

The kits are also shipped out through a shorter supply chain so tend to arrive pretty fresh, so if you buy at the start of one season and keep the kit in a cool dark place you should get two seasons out of it.

You can buy a kit of replacement reagents for $39, I would think about picking up one of those every second spring even if you haven't used up all the reagents yet. You probably won't get two seasons out of the reagents in a stock kit if you have to SLAM or are running at high FC levels (so more R-0871 drops used with every test), but that's where the XL option comes in and you can always buy more R-0871 if you need it.

For what it's worth, refills are way cheaper in the US than in Canada :thumbdown:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.