extension cord for aquarite chlorinator

I need to have a longer cord from my Turbocell to Hayward Aquarite controller. The connection on the cord is a 10 pin female type that I cannot identify. Anyone here have any ideas on this - I need to create an extension cord of about 10 feet. I would like to directly wire the cell to a newly added pro logic automation system so that I can schedule super-chlorination. Unfortunately installed the new unit without consideration of adding the Aquarite unit. Thanks in advance.

4ke807.jpg

Why do you want to schedule super chlorinate? That really puts a lot of stress and wear and tear on the cell. And all it gives you is 100% output on the cell, for 24 hrs at a time. It might still not be enough. If you need to boost, it's much better to just manually add some 8.25% bleach or something similar...

Anyway, that wasn't your question. I'm 99% sure that plug is a Hayward proprietary plug. You may need to call them to ask if they have an extension. I've found their customer service to be very helpful and quick to answer.

Thanks for quick reply - sometimes travel takes me away and no one is around... thought if I could schedule the chlorination I would stand a better chance of coming home to a clear pool.

I suspected the plug might be unique - I am waiting to hear back from Hayward. If I read the manual correctly there is a way to jumper between the Prologic and the Aquarite controller but I was hoping to eliminate the wall mounted Aquarite controller completely.

I have some catalogs at work that may show what it is, I will try to take a look when I am there this afternoon, but I am not sure I will have a chance as I am getting ready to leave on vacation in about 5 hours.

It is hard to tell without seeing the scale, but I think you have a Molex brand Mini or Mini-Fit series connector of come type, you might try looking up the pin shape pattern at Molex.com , you can order small quantities of most of these from Mouser.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.