Hayward valve replacment

seh202

Jun 29, 2014
Kansas City
I have a Hayward SP0714 T valve (http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/VariFloXLValve-SP0714T.pdf). The handle is very difficult to turn, and it leaks a small amount of water out the back while in filter mode. I also am experiencing very cloudy water- and reading suggests a bad spider gasket may be allowing some of the dirty water to be bypassing the sand and going straight back to the pool.

Google is not answering all of my questions. Should I replace just the key assembly (and am I right in thinking this is the right one)?
Or should I go ahead and replace the entire stem and spoke assembly (I think this should swap right out with the old one).

I will need to replace the non-metallic valve as well as the key assembly anyway- plus its 20 years old so I'm thinking its worth the extra $40 or so to just plug in the new one and go on. Will it be as simple as that? Any advice?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.