J001

Jul 6, 2023
Kentucky
My backwash valve was leaking, and I bought a new Key Cover groupfor the valve. When I replaced it the water was coming out between the cover and valve body. The valve body has SP 714A on it, and the key cover was SPX0714BA. I put back on the old key cover group, but now the backwash pipe broke off in the valve body. Long question short, what whole new valve body assembly do I need to buy, to replace the SP714A?

My backwash valve was leaking, and I bought a new Key Cover groupfor the valve. When I replaced it the water was coming out between the cover and valve body. The valve body has SP 714A on it, and the key cover was SPX0714BA. I put back on the old key cover group, but now the backwash pipe broke off in the valve body. Long question short, what whole new valve body assembly do I need to buy, to replace the SP714A?
Is this a top-mount valve?
Get a new valve. The body by itself will cost as much if not more.
Body with gasket, Doheny's Pool - $151.69 (on backorder) Lowest price found.
SP714T complete valve - Amazon - $143.06

• Wow
Reactions: J001 and Newdude
Last edited:
Yes it is a top mount. Can I seal...d outlets with plumber puddy or tape? Thanks!
Virtually impossible to successfully seal a pressure leak, sorry. You may be able to remove the broken piece of pipe from the valve. With out seeing it, likely it is just the threaded portion of the fitting that is left in the port. A Hacksaw blade can be used to cut through the piece and if you get a bit into the threads in the valve a little, it will only leak when in backwash, and probably not a lot, if all else is good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.