Broken Multi Port Valve.

K-Aa

Jul 11, 2023
SW France
On my multy port valve, the valve stem on the Key/Stem is broken, which means I do not lift the key off the gasket when changing positions.
My pool service store do not repair the valve, in fact the suggested replacing the entire filter unit at +/- U$3000 equivalent. I would like i simpler repair, ie changing the valve head assembly or key/stem assembly.
The problem is, I don't know which model valve (belive it is Hayward) and cannot locate a product number.
Any suggestion on how to resolve my problem, would be greatly appreciated.
I have attached pictures of the MPV as installed.

Attachments

• MPV - 1.JPG
    MPV - 1.JPG
    293.4 KB · Views: 11
  • MPV - 2.JPG
    MPV - 2.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 11
  • MPV - 3.JPG
    MPV - 3.JPG
    335.3 KB · Views: 13
  • MPV - 4.JPG
    MPV - 4.JPG
    370.7 KB · Views: 13
  • MPV - 5.JPG
    MPV - 5.JPG
    326.3 KB · Views: 13
  • MPV - Gasket.JPG
    MPV - Gasket.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 11
That's a Praher (Pentair) valve. It appears that the spring is broken, so instead of you not raising the diverter when changing positions it isn't pressing the diverter down onto the body partitions.

Look for parts for a SM-10 multiport valve and you should be able to find what you need.

On my multy port valve, the valve stem on the Key/Stem is broken, which means I do not lift the key off the gasket when changing positions.
My pool service store do not repair the valve, in fact the suggested replacing the entire filter unit at +/- U$3000 equivalent. I would like i simpler repair, ie changing the valve head assembly or key/stem assembly.
The problem is, I don't know which model valve (belive it is Hayward) and cannot locate a product number.
Any suggestion on how to resolve my problem, would be greatly appreciated.
I have attached pictures of the MPV as installed.
Based on th SM-10 on the lid, it could be this valve:

Using just the top assembly may repair what you need.
Or this entire valve may fit.
Pentair 261173.

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.