Truck bed liner

I can't. but if it were me, I'd get a piece of scrap metal and coat it. Then fill a 5 gal bucket with pool water and submerge 1/2 of the coated section on the pool water bucket. see if anything happens- let it sit a few days. (I don't expect it to...but the last thing you want to deal with is gunky stuff coming off.

I can tell you that some of the cheaper coatings UV protection leaves something to be desired.

So has anyone else out there tried this?

no, but I have experience with the Herculiner roll in bedliner if that is what you are considering. If your rails are metal, then I dont see why it wouldnt work. I have used it on my trucks bed, wheel wells, on a tool box, on a workbench, and even to freshen up an old metal shelf. Just make sure you scuff the metal REALLY GOOD with a green scotchbrite and get it clean so it will adhere to it.

One note about Herculiner, it will fade over time, and they do have a UV inhibitor you can purchase that will help keep it from fading so quickly.

The nice thing about Herculiner is that it is the only bedliner that adheres to itself. I did my F150s bed when it was near new back in 06. It started looking crappy in 2011 so I bought another kit for 50 bucks, washed the bed real good, and applied another coat. Looks like new again! :D

I will warn you, this stuff is mean. Wear gloves and old clothes. If you get it on you it is a nightmare to get it off. You will literally have to bathe in turpentine to get it off your skin. And once its dried on your rails, its there to stay. FOREVER.

They do have colors other than just black too.

Been on ExplorerForum for almost 15 years now......if we're going to pick on Gerald we've gotta do it right. :D

Lol. That thread was pretty new when I first saw it linked on a International forum (Scouts and Travelalls and such-- binders).

I can't see any mention of Herculiner without thinking of that poor guy getting it stuck on his hootus :D. Almost as funny as homemade sauerkraut...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.