Upcoming AA Treatment

tbone2

Apr 8, 2014
Hinckley, IL
Going to be doing an AA treatment this weekend. Have a birthday party at the house on 5/30/14 (two weeks roughly) and want to make sure the pool will be good to swim in.

1 - Water temp is still pretty cool. Can I have the solar cover on during an AA treatment? Have some warmer temps coming in the next 5 days and would like to get the water above 70 degrees with the assistance of the cover. I'll obviously take the cover off during the initial treatment to help circulate everything. Just don't want to damage the brand new cover.

2 - Is there a reason I should hold off given the low/zero free chlorine requirements in the beginning? I don't mind explaining the stains to guests, but if possible assuming the treatment works well enough, I'd rather have as much cleared up as possible. Getting the polyquat 60 for prevention. Just don't want to deal with a algae outbreak with the AA in the water and not being able to SLAM. I've read in pool school that raising the chlorine up too high can redistribute the stains again. So if anyone thinks I should just wait I'm open to that as well.

3 - There will be two weeks between the start of the AA and hopefully to having the water balanced for the party. But, if for some reason I have to add more AA to get rid of stains if I don't get the results in the beginning, is there any potential issues for swimming in the water (AA remnants or sequestration agent) assuming everything else is balanced? I know these are pretty standard maintenance chemicals (for non-TFP people), so I assume it's probably safe if I follow the recommended doses.

Doing my last vacuum to waste today from my initial clean up and SLAM. Water is actually very clear now and even with the last debris in the water, have been passing OCLT waking up late with morning sun already. Ultimately would rather have clear water for the party with stains then any issues from the AA treatment.

Thanks in advance for tips and advice.

Going to be doing an AA treatment this weekend. Have a birthday party at the house on 5/30/14 (two weeks roughly) and want to make sure the pool will be good to swim in.

So if anyone thinks I should just wait I'm open to that as well.

I think if it were me, I'd live with the stains until Fall and deal with this issue then. The AA treatment has several roadblocks that COULD pop it's head up, possibly pushing the finish date back some. Being on a deadline, I'd suggest just holding off and explaining the stains. From the sound of your post, I get the feeling like you've maybe thought this way somewhat too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.