Newby Question - Intelliflow and Kreepy Krawly

Jan 7, 2014
I recently purchased and installed a new pentair intelliflow VS pump, thanks to many recommendations in this forum.
My question is now centered around how long to run it and what speed do I need to run it at periodically to run the kreepy krawly.

My pool is around 15,000 gallons and I would like to run the kreepy krawly at the appropriate speed so it can do its function.
My assumption is that I can run it for 90% of the time under the lowest RPM and 10% of the time at a higher RPM to provide
the necessary power for the kreepy krawly to run.

Thanks and I appreciate the feedback.

IntelliFloVS_Curve1.jpg

If you are looking for the best speed for cleaner you can only determine that through trial and error.

However, the lowest speed of a VS is not the most efficient. The highest efficiency as measured by gallons pumped/watt-hr consumed is between 800-1100 RPM.

But you may find that once you find the sweet spot for the cleaner and run it long enough to clean the pool bottom, that may be all you need each day. There really is no minimum run time for a pump other than to get chlorine into the pool. Also, many people find that the VS at 1000 RPM does not skim very well so it is only useful for chlorination with a SWG. Otherwise, there may not be much of a point running it at that speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.