Hi from GA!

techman65

Dec 12, 2013
Augusta, GA
Hello all,

I bought a home with a pool last year in Augusta, GA. I'm a first-time pool owner and barely survived my first summer being pool-stored. I am anxious to make a change for this coming summer and have been reading all the great articles on the Trouble Free Pool site.

After the holidays, I plan to invest in one of the recommended test kits so I can get going with BBB.

Thanks for all the great info provided here!

-Rod

Welcome to TFP !
Congrats on wanting to take control of your pool. The test kit is a major step in that goal. It will give you very accurate test results.
Spend sometime in pool school. The ABC's of pool water chemistry is a great place to start.
Any questions just ask. Lots of great people here to help you out.

All I want for Santa is a Pool Test kit! LOL

You are on the right track for saving money and time! Once you find a local chlorine/bleach place (Walmart, pool store, Ace Hardware, etc.) you will be set!

Kim

Well Hey There Neighbor!! You've found the right place for answers. :party:
Do you have a *good* test kit yet? I've got the TF-100 (along with the nifty speed stirrer, sure makes it quick and easy to test). Have you read Pool School yet?
Everyone here loves seeing pictures of each others pool and equipment too- I love seeing the older pools in particular <hint hint!>

Welcome, Rod! Looks like our pools are siblings - almost same size '70s models, gunite, sand, 1HP pump, & Polaris cleaners.

With a good test kit (TF-100!!!) and your friends at TFP, you'll never get pool stored again.

Cheers!