digital testing

holden94 said:
has anyone had any good or bad experiences with the myron ultrapen serieshttp://www.myronl.com/products/digital_nav.htm?

I'm sorry I'm late on this, but would like to weigh in. I have wanted to try the ultra pens for pH and conductivity since they came out, but I've used the handhelds shown above those for 10+ years. As for them, they are the best handheld meters that I am aware of. I carry the 6P daily, but it's a $900.00 instrument. I like them well enough that I have no interest in trying another brand, but I suspect the pens are very good. Based on my experience I would certainly try them out, but can't justify the cost of doing so. Keep in mind that if you do, they will still need regular calibration, so you'll have to keep fresh solutions on hand to accomplish that. If you can spend the funds, I would suggest one of the others above, rather than all or some of the pens. Factor in an annual replacement of the pH/ORP sensor at 200.00, and about half of that or so for cal solutions, and you'll have an idea of the real world cost to run one. You'll likely get more than a year out of the pH sensor doing pools if you maintain it well, but you just never know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.