Best Year of pool ownership, thanks to the Liquidator!

May 7, 2013
We had a Hayward inline chlorinator that was causing our stabilizer to go through the roof all year long. The pool was cloudy and just an absolute algae fest all year. Could never get the FC to register and was constantly shocking it.

This year, after joining this site, I made the switch to a liquid stabilizer at the beginning of the season and the Liquidator. Within weeks of the installation, my wife was making comments that the pool was crystal clear and was always clean! I travel a ton with my job and the pool gets ignored chemistry wise when I am not around. The liquidator has really helped me to get it dialed in and almost "set it and forget it". I still check the chemicals, but 2x per week seems normal and usually, just require very minor tweaks (in July and August, usually our worst months, I made 2 minor adjustments).

What has amazed me is that I have shocked my pool only 2 times since I got the liquidator (one was after having 75+ people over for a family reunion) and the other was after having my sons Little League team over. Other than that, it have been trouble free.

Thanks for all of the recommendations!!!

The hardest part was getting it plumbed in correctly. I installed the float valves upside down and realized it before it came pouring into my garage!! Once that was corrected, it was simple!

I go through about 2-3 gallons of 12% "shock" chlorine per week. It is crystal clear right not, even though it does need a good vacuuming as the leaves are falling. Pool still warm at around 83-86.

bigdaddy72 said:
I go through about 2-3 gallons of 12% "shock" chlorine per week.
That's not bad for your size pool. Looks to be about 13ppm a week with a little less than 2ppm a day. I just can't find anything in my area above 10%. Did you run into any of the common problems? Bubbles in the tubes, white stuff, things like that.

No major issue. Just one annoyingly noisy check valve. I probably will be closing it either this Sunday or next sunday. Still crystal clear even with a few leaves floating on the bottom.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.