Chandler AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
This post is to mainly report on my Circupool RJ45+ after one year of use.

Overall, I am very happy with the RJ45+ SWG. It has worked flawlessly and the one time I needed to call customer support, my questions were quickly answered. And, no more jug lugging!

The RJ45+ was installed around March 24, 2022. It has performed well. Last week was the first time I removed it to check for any buildup and possible need for cleaning. I am happy to report that the SWG had ZERO buildup. I attribute this to the TFP methods I learned here. Continued testing, adding what is needed when it's needed and keeping CSI within the 0.00 to -0.30 range got me to this point.
If you click on my profile pic and then PoolMath Logs, you will see my most recent test results. My results have been kept within that range for the last few years and pool maintenance has been easy and takes very little time.
:lovetfp: :lovetfp: :lovetfp:

Pictures of the SWG taken BEFORE it was rinsed out. Note - I did NOT do an acid cleaning, as there was no need (after a full year of use).
SWG1.jpg
SWG2.jpg

Here is a short synopsis of what I did when I installed the SWG. I replaced the pump, filter and most of the above ground plumbing too.

Old equipment
  • Pump - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - installed in 2011 - front bearing failure
  • Filter - Hayward S360SX 36" Sand Filter - installed in 1999 - sprung a leak in vertical seam near top flange
  • SWG - None
New equipment
  • Pump - Hayward SP32950VSP TriStar VS 950
  • Filter - Pentair CCP420 - 420 sf cartridge filter
  • SWG - Circupool RJ45+ -
Along with the replacement/installation of the above equipment, I installed a new pad and rebuilt the above ground plumbing. My intent on rebuilding the above ground plumbing was to make access easier to all the parts that need servicing and maintenance. Unfortunately, I didn't take any before pics. :eek:

Installation was easy after I figured out the layout that would work best for me in the space available.
Pad1.jpg
Pad2.jpg

And here are a few pics of the cartridge filter after one year of use - during it's first cleaning last week. The debris on the cartridges is what was ingested by the main drains (IFCS) and got by the LeafVac and pump baskets. I was surprised there wasn't more debris and that the filter cartridges weren't dirtier. I do use hair nets in the skimmer to catch the skimmed leaves, pollen and other debris.
Filter1.jpg
Filter2.jpg
Filter3.jpg

All in all - this past year has been the easiest pool care year in the entire life of this pool (installed 10/1999). :whoot::whoot::whoot:

Nice update. Your SWG still looks brand new. Well done! :goodjob:
Thanks!
I was kinda shocked that it was so clean - happy, but shocked.....
The TFP method does work. One just has to believe and follow through.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.