Rookie pool owner--update with test kit #s

[attachment=0:21xd3du5]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374870421.910243.jpg[/attachment:21xd3du5]

Looks like 7.2 in person

Sent with Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374870421.910243.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374870421.910243.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 51
Okay, so if I'm doing the SLAM and I'm already above shock level from adding bleach from last night should I just leave it be or should I be adding something tonight. It's rainy and no sun today if that matters. Should I be adding anything to adjust the pH?

Yes extra drop

No, if you are at or above your SLAM/shock level for your CYA, you are good to go. When slamming, FC is really your only priority.

IIRC, A weak sun will reduce the speed at which your CC will go away.

How does the water look today?

I have the cover on, so from what I can tell it looks fine. It's never been overly cloudy or anything...just the algae at the bottom--which is still there because it's been raining for two days and I haven't gotten a chance to get out there and vacuum. It looks like I may get a little break in the rain here so I may get out there right now.

If I check the levels in the morn and FC remains the same--are these levels all swim-able? Should I up the pH?

If you will brush those spots of algae off the floor you will speed the SLAM process and I will be very surprised if your FC remains the same tomorrow AM.

I would also remove the cover while SLAMing

Husband's out scrubbing w a brush now. Should I keep the cover off even though it's rainy? We may get a few more showers tonight. What is the reason for removing the cover when SLAMing (for some reason I always thought I had to keep the cover on for the most part). Is it for the benefit of the sun?

This site has been so helpful!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
AND one more question (shocker!)

When I looked up the Chlorine/CYA chart I was looking at the non-swg pools--I have swg. On the chart there is no level 40-just 60 and above with a FC shock of 24. Should I be doing something here? My CYA is 40 and FC is 18

The cover may be preventing all of the CC from being driven off by the sun light. It's part of the process. The sun drives off the FC and the CC. yWhen you want the CC to go away, leave the cover off. When you get clean, you will be able to leave it one.

You can leave the cover on at night as there isn't any sun anyway. Traps what heat you have built up.

As you are still in the SLAM process, leave your CYA where it's at. You can address the SWG and it's increased CYA requirements when your SLAM is 100% complete. A higher CYA will make your SLAM require more chlorine.

This morning we are at FC 17.5 and CC .5. The water looks clear, yet there is still algae growing at the bottom :rant: I'm curious--how can I tell if this is mustard algae (or does it really not matter because I'm SLAMing anyway). It looks like dirt--but if you scoop it out it's definitely not.

Is the FC too high to swim in? I've taken the cover off and it looks like it will be a nice sunny day (finally!) so I'm guessing some of the FC will be eaten up by the sun.

Pic. of the pool this morn clear water yet dirty bottom.

[attachment=0:1c66k8if]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374932393.302353.jpg[/attachment:1c66k8if]

Sent with Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374932393.302353.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374932393.302353.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 33

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.