Help Please Algae filters came but no test kit/5 more days!

Re: Help Please Algae filters came but no test kit/5 more da

Okay, that is what I thought. So, I wasted the entire day researching something that doesn't exist. If there is a drain that is open and leaking I don"t see it or know about it....

:party: Okay, I have put in 2 121 oz bleach, it's 8.25. tested the fc it came to 12. Tomorrow I'm gonna test again to see what the loss amount is and also to confirm that I have algea. Then put more bleach in and try to get it a little higher, maybe 13-14 at least twice daily and hope I can get the loss amount to less then 1 overnight in two days. I want to get in the pool over the weekend some. In searching I saw that it was okay as long as I shower well, wear an old suit...? I still have very clear water. :whoot:

I hope someone will still help me during a more regular hour. I just spent over $200 between Bleach, testing kit, extra reagent, and also $230 on cartridge filters... I'm in big trouble if this fails. :cry:

Alright thanks, just to be clear, the CYA doesn't usually change as your slamming does it? And if it does then how often do I test it and adjust. I just did the third treatment. I have been waiting and testing the fc right before I do the new dump of chlorine. If I'm not doing that right pls chime in. Thanks, gonna sleep now. My time clock is backwards.

CYA will go up if you use the powder form of chlorine or shock that has dichlor or trichlor in it. It will go up if you use tablets or pucks that have dichlor or trichlor in them. It will not change if you are using liquid bleach. It will go down if you replace water.

CYA of 40 is a good number. Keep using liquid bleach, and you won't need to retest. But if you still have some tablets in the pool, you may need to retest for a few days after they completely dissolve.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

:paddle: Okay, I have been reading and it has made me need to ask another question. I tested the FC just now and it was at 14. So, do I add the difference in to get it to 16 now or can I wait a few hours and then test again and then add the difference to get it to the 16? I guess, to better phrase the question, how do I know if it is really reaching the 16 after I add the bleach amount per the pool calculator? And how long after I add do I test... You know the cycle kinds of gets mixed up, test first then add then test... what exactly. One thing that may have messed things up is that I fell asleep at around 6:30 last night because I had been up all day and night previously doing the SLAM and when I got up at 4:30 am the pump was off. It is scheduled to turn off at 2am so I think it was only off for two and 1/2 hours. All day yesterday I floated with my head on the cushion of pool float and my arms looped over the sides, with leaf skimmer in hand or book. picture posted. The best float ever... that was because it was windy and I didn't want the Dang leaves in the pool to mess things up. It was too hot to be out of the water all day!!!

I am hoping that this can be done in another 3-5 at the max or I will be out of Bleach....

The longer you can maintain shock level the faster this will go. When it falls below get it back up. Let pump run 24/7. Test every hour if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Okay, question. I put the last of the bleach in at 2am. I tested the water a half hour after that. Then I just tested it about 25 minutes ago. It had not lost any FC. That was a total of 5 hours. I wanted to continue to SLAM it in the evening as much as I could before I fell asleep. I am starting to get worried about my pump... :blah: Plus, my BF, who is being a complete jerk keeps yelling at me that "I am crazy" :blah: and that I don't know what I am doing. That "your not suppose to put Bleach in a Pool." :blah: All this when he has never owned a pool before nor read anything at all about this or any other treatment!!! Anyways. I really would like to stop because it's taking a huge strain on me and I am a little worried about the pump. I don't want to blow it though... I still see a little bit of Algae on the bottom but it's not the yellowish color it was before. It's more of a blackish brown... And there is very little compared to when I started.

Any help would be great....

Water is crystal clear. I don't have a vacuum. I have the pop up cleaners. I can't go out and get a vacuum either after just having spent $400 on the stuff for the slam. Not working.....Looking though....
:grrrr:
Can't I just brush all down closer to the drains???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.