First test results

The CYA (or almost any solid/powder/granular chemical) sitting on your liner can cause damage. I would vacuum it is up as soon as practical (voice of experience)

Don't forget... tri-chlor sticks, if still in the feeder, are adding CYA as you are adding the CYA you bought as a stand-alone product.

I vacuumed it and will just wait a few days to backwash , the water wasn't bad when I started but I can already see a difference in the clairity I really appreciate all of the help I am getting from yall, yep I'm from Arkansas the south west corner. So what is the best way to lower the PH the PC says add muratic acid but I am learning to ask you guys first before I make another misstep.

Don't forget... since you have the CYA inside your filter, you should not backwash for a week to ensure you don't wash it to waste. I can take as much as week before showing in tests.

Read the instructions for MA, it can be dangerous if used incorrectly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CYA is allusive and may not appear in tests for about 7 days... but it affects the water and FC sooner.

If you were aiming for 30 when you added the 8 #, assume you have 30. If you had 30CYA and added 8 # to get you to 50CYA, assume you have 50.

I don't remember your full situation as I read soo many threads each day, sorry if I am confusing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.