Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What's around your pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

What's around your pool?

Found her today. The shell was over 12" long. She did not go for a swim....

MikeS
    28,000 gal pool, gunite w/3M Colorquartz, Pentair CPP420 filter, Quikclean Pop up Heads, Pentair MiniMax Plus heat pump
    1200 gal Spa, Pentair MiniMax Plus Propane heat, Pentair CPP420 filter
    Intellitouch I10-3D Control Panel

2. Back To Top    #2

Big ole snapper...

I found a plain yellow belly turtle just under 12" in my empty pool a couple weeks back. It must have taken a good tumble dropping in...
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...

3. Back To Top    #3

Didnt have my camera at the time, but Friday there was a snake about 4ft long. he went kind of nuts when i threw water on him
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Here I'm thinking you mean...patio furniture, that kind of thing. LOL
    This week we had a muscrat actually in the pool. Now, that was an adventure in living trying to get him out.
    I had visions of my brand new vinyl liner in shreds.
    After chasing him around with the scoop....and just annoying him, we finally just left him alone and he left.
    It was rather freaky though to pull back he cover and see this large dark object go flying through the pool.
    Deena
    http://www.lindbrookstargazer.ca
    100,000 liter IG vinyl liner
    Rolachem Chlorine & Muratic acid Auto feeders/Pool Perfect Auto feeder
    Pentair 30" filter (Tagelus) Sand filter/Centruion switchless pump 1.5/.25 HP

5. Back To Top    #5
    We had a snapping turtle trying to get in our front door 2 weeks ago....

My son is always finding toads by our pool. The worst thing I ever pulled out was a dead baby bird.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

A few years back I woke up to find two stray dogs in the pool. They were treading water on top of the solar cover. They couldn't get themselves out. They had collars on and finally I was able to yank them out by the collars. They had rabies tags and we called the vet on the tag with the number. They said the phone number of the owners was disconnected. We guessed they moved and set the dogs loose. I think that they would have drowned if it wasn't for the solar cover. As it was they turned my nice clean pool a filthy brown. They got a nice bath out of it!

Another time I came home after a long and tiring day to find a dead possum swirling around in the bottom of the pool. I was so drained that I couldn't fathom how I was going to deal with it. I left. When I came home a few hours later the pump had switched off and the possum had floated to the top. I was able to use the net to get it out of the pool and into a garbage bag, without having to touch the thing.

Never a dull day with a pool.

Johanna
    1984 vintage 16x32 Doughboy vinyl AG w/deep end, Sand Filter