Introducing and question

May 30, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Just wanted to say hi to everyone, new member :party: My back ground in pools is zero been doing allot of reading and trying to understand the chemistry..

I do have a question my filter seems to be getting air everytime the pump is off, then once it turns on at night it always has air, so I have to release the air from the pressure release valve in top, anyone have any idea why that happens, can it be the gasket the seals the filter housing in the middle?

thanks

jaime

Well if it drains when they pump is off, then there must be a leak somewhere around the filter. Any wetness? Although the leak could let air in, but not let water out when the pump is on.

am hoping is the gasket because this started happening allot worse once i took the filter housing apart to clean the filters and the o-ring looks very old, am thinking the people that owned the house before didnt do a good job at keeping up with the pool, the filter housing had like 8" of sand in the bottom and the filters were very dirty

thanks for the help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.