Use of a liner pad

May 11, 2013
I am replacing my liner on my above ground pool, and considering the use of a liner pad, like a Gorilla pad. How difficult is it to get the liner to lay flat , without a bunch of wrinkles, when laying on top of a sand bottom. Is it doable, or should I just go with the liner right on the sand? Would love to hear from someone who has used the liner and either been successful getting it flat, or u successful.

It's pretty easy to get it to lie flat.When I received my gorilla pad I laid it flat on the ground for a couple hours then put in the pool adjusted it,trimmed it a little,added my foam cove and installed the liner.No wrinkles from using the gorilla pad.Pretty simple really.

Gorilla pad is for protection from rocks,roots etc. it protects the liner,it's not really for cushion or comfort.I thought i'd put that out there just in case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.