Pump question

rlefig

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Reading, MA
Good day, getting closer to purchasing the house and I think I got a good price on a potential pool pump. Now the questions, if I live in a residential area with no woods and therefore little area to backwash would a cartridge filter be best? And would a Pentair FNS plus cartridge pool filter that was used on an above ground pool with a 2-speed 1.5HP Pentair dynamo motor work on a smaller gunite 17,000 gallon pool. Would $175 be a good price to pay for this used, I guess the cartridge is in good shape.

Thanks so much

rob

Cartridge or a DE filter that you take apart to clean (as opposed to backflushing) may work best.

For your 17000 gallon pool we would recommend as minimums 250 sq.ft. cartridge or a 46 sq. ft. DE filter.

Post a model on the filter, you would want the FNSP48 or FNSP60 to meet the minimum posted above.

For the pump, I am not sure about the dynamo line, specifically if it can handle the static head of pulling the water up from the pool to the pump, assuming the pump will be above the waterline. However if it is able to prime a igp, then the size should be fine assuming you do not have any high volume water features.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.